PDA

View Full Version : Are these any good?

afcbadam
26-01-08, 06:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-BOOST-VALVE-FUEL-REGULATOR-MG-ZR-ZS-180-V6-TURBO_W0QQitemZ120213986715QQihZ002QQcategoryZ7220 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Smokey
26-01-08, 06:32 PM
seems like more money wasting and possible engine damage to me but the experts will come along in a minute!.....

al_roverMG
26-01-08, 07:54 PM
Both the fuel pressure regulator nonsense and the electric supercharger thing are a total waste of money. To be honest the only time you would think about needing the fuel pressure regulator is if you have massive modifications and the ecu cant match the fueling with no alternative ecu. On everything else it will simply provide a variable amount of overfueling and nothing else.

Mat C
26-01-08, 08:00 PM
That one llooks really crappy actualy. FSE are the best manufacturers of PBV's. As Al said, unless you are running a properly modified engine (not just your usual filter and exhaust job) they are of no more use than sticking an Aardvark to your steering wheel. But when rigged up (proffesionaly) to a modified engine they are worth their weight in gold as this can be the only method of achieveing true fuel pressure balance.

arwilson80
26-01-08, 10:05 PM
I'd avoid it myself as i always come back to the old saying... 'If it sounds too good to be true it probably is'.

Mat C
27-01-08, 06:17 AM
The thing to remember with PBV's, even the fantastic FSE ones is that despite the name 'Power Boost' they don't actualy increase your BHP by a single unit. What the PBV does is to make the most of what BHP you already have so in effect it may actualy make the car feel faster. FSE don't actualy make one for the KV6 which is a shame but apart from the lads running cams, manis' and Dastek set ups they still aren't of any use to us V6 owners - we just wouldn't fully benefit fom them for the rather sizeable layout (FSEs on average £100 + the cst of pro' fitting and set up).

stamford
27-01-08, 09:04 AM
I really don't see the point in those as the system relies on high pressure when using solenoids etc. The oe systems on all fuel injected installations use crimp and pipe fittings due to the higher pressures involved. These after market jobbies just use push on hose and jubilee clips.

Fuel pressure regulators of that design shown are only best suited to carburretor engined cars, I don't see what advantage they would offer only to add another bit of bling to an already blinged engine bay. I still have a fuel regualtor in my garage, a Malpassi Filter King when I was running twin 48's.

I see some muppet has been bidding on the electric supercharger too :laugh:

Zippy Saloon
27-01-08, 09:56 AM
they are of no more use than sticking an Aardvark to your steering wheel.
What type of aardvark would I need for a 2002 ZS 120?

Mat C
27-01-08, 07:30 PM
What type of aardvark would I need for a 2002 ZS 120?

Preferably one without a squity arse, but i would reccomend one from Japan as they come with an Ipod connector in their left ear lobe so you don't have to press any buttons, you just shout at the Aardvark and he opens his mouth and magicaly the tune is played ! I've got a spare one if you want it - i'll swap you it for 3 cans of kit-e-kat and a badger.

Craig
27-01-08, 07:50 PM
Preferably one without a squity arse, but i would reccomend one from Japan as they come with an Ipod connector in their left ear lobe so you don't have to press any buttons, you just shout at the Aardvark and he opens his mouth and magicaly the tune is played ! I've got a spare one if you want it - i'll swap you it for 3 cans of kit-e-kat and a badger.

ROFL

stamford
27-01-08, 07:57 PM
I feel a darned good ebay ad coming up here!

Southern Storm
27-01-08, 10:18 PM

I've got the kit ekat but only a moth eaten weasel. Any good?

Mat C
28-01-08, 06:21 AM
Nah, i 've got a collection of Spice Weasels, they are lazy basts' and have poor communication skills to say the least and whenever they fart they leave a trail of various spices and herbs, they are worse than having Hugh Furnley-Wittingstall in your house ! If you havn't got a badger the only other wildlife i would consider would be a tooled up Pigeon, but he must be equiped with Delta Wings and a mini-gun and understand that he must catch his own mice.

stamford
28-01-08, 07:14 AM
:huh: what was this thread again?

arwilson80
28-01-08, 10:55 AM
:huh: what was this thread again?

Power Boost Valves, :) but i have no idea what the last of it is about...

Southern Storm
28-01-08, 11:03 AM
I could do that i have a tooled up pigeon, delta wings minigun and the TX32 upgrade kit that allowed it to hover and fly backwards which was handy for blasting the kite out of the branches of next doors cat. But we do know the value of these, so the aardvark would have to have the reversing 'eyes' built in. If so you got a deal. What flavour kit e kat does it have to be?

papa_lazaroo
28-01-08, 11:07 AM
That one llooks really crappy actualy. FSE are the best manufacturers of PBV's. As Al said, unless you are running a properly modified engine (not just your usual filter and exhaust job) they are of no more use than sticking an Aardvark to your steering wheel. But when rigged up (proffesionaly) to a modified engine they are worth their weight in gold as this can be the only method of achieveing true fuel pressure balance.

Does that mean I wasted all of that money, On My lovely Ardvark ?

stamford
28-01-08, 12:19 PM
Does that mean I wasted all of that money, On My lovely Ardvark ?

I was hoping you would pitch in with your knowledge oh wise one :D

Boot Hill Bandit
28-01-08, 12:24 PM
Is the aardvarks name Otis??

He was last seen at the Beeb's broom cupboard apparently......

Jim

Mat C
28-01-08, 01:49 PM
No, the Aardvark is called Keith but he prefers to be called 'butch' !

SS; well my Aardvark doesn't have the optional reversing eyes built in but he does have a keen eye for Renaisance paintings so he may actualy be able to make you a few quid ! As for the Kit E Kat i would prefer Salmon and Trout as it's for my own consumption - it goes really well with a quaill egg butty you know !

Boot Hill Bandit
28-01-08, 02:16 PM
Stunning! :laugh:

Jim

Southern Storm
29-01-08, 03:08 PM
No, the Aardvark is called Keith but he prefers to be called 'butch' !

SS; well my Aardvark doesn't have the optional reversing eyes built in but he does have a keen eye for Renaisance paintings so he may actualy be able to make you a few quid ! As for the Kit E Kat i would prefer Salmon and Trout as it's for my own consumption - it goes really well with a quaill egg butty you know !

Hmmm could be a go-er coupled with my red umpa lumpa (runt of the litter) who has a compelling urge for digging tunnels and stealing anything of value. And i have the kit E kat in the pouches so makes for good eatin, especially on a peanut butter and marmite sarnie with a little onion relish. Don't ever mix it with the beef in Gravy otherwise we end up with another incident like what happened in chipping sodbury. But lets not mention that, not with 'them' around.

Mat C
29-01-08, 04:15 PM
Ah yes, i had a red Umpa Lumpa but that was only because i double tied an elastic band around his scrotum - nowt to do with him being a runt ! :laugh: