PDA

View Full Version : Swimming pool in passenger footwell

hansligg
07-07-14, 10:24 AM
got in the car sat morning after friday night rain. Passenger footwell was literally full.

Now i know their is some way of the water reaching the footwell through a vent fromt he engine bay but I cant find it anywhere....

pics as to where i need to look in engine bay?

MG ZS STE
07-07-14, 10:39 AM
Wasn't the passenger swimming pool an option?

Skillen
07-07-14, 10:42 AM
The vent is under the scuttle panel not in the actual bay.
I'm still needing to do mine :/

hansligg
07-07-14, 10:42 AM
Wasn't the passenger swimming pool an option?

too cold for me :console:

isnt the issue in the Bay, im sure ive read somewhere the vent in the bay offering cold/ hot air into the car is pointing upwards catching all water

Skillen
07-07-14, 11:22 AM
too cold for me :console:

isnt the issue in the Bay, im sure ive read somewhere the vent in the bay offering cold/ hot air into the car is pointing upwards catching all water

There is only one vent into the car (well the one in the rear is there too but ignore that) and it's under the scuttle. It only offers the outside air and it's a heater matrix (basically a radiator) later down the chain in the air that heats it.

It's this vent that needs sealing properly around its edges.
Pete has some good pics of it too.
But it's definitely under the scuttle panel.

ZS
07-07-14, 12:05 PM
Have you got a sunroof per chance? If so it might be the sunroof drain pipe has come dislodged...

If it wasn't as much water I'd suggest AirCon pipe has been dislodged by passenger feet...

petet16
07-07-14, 12:15 PM
Here's the intake, as said above it's under the plastic panel at the base of the windscreen.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7384/11669179886_663b818643_z.jpg

petet16
07-07-14, 12:17 PM
And my version of how to direct the water away from the intake

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2865/11668397575_42da9620fc_z.jpg

hansligg
07-07-14, 12:21 PM
Have you got a sunroof per chance? If so it might be the sunroof drain pipe has come dislodged...

If it wasn't as much water I'd suggest AirCon pipe has been dislodged by passenger feet...

Air con pipes not connected to anything (I cut pipes from the front unit when engine was out as air con was leaking in the hope to remove air con [Weight])

is that vent easy to get at?

ZS
07-07-14, 02:34 PM
Its a drian rather than a vent, if you have a sunroof you should see two holes at the front either side of the roof channel (with the window fully back)

Sometimes these get blocked, so worth checking visually for any blockages, but IIRC to access the pipe in the A pillar you need to removed a few bits of plastic trim... I'm sure someone will explain if I am wrong though

Skillen
07-07-14, 02:47 PM
Its a drian rather than a vent, if you have a sunroof you should see two holes at the front either side of the roof channel (with the window fully back)

Sometimes these get blocked, so worth checking visually for any blockages, but IIRC to access the pipe in the A pillar you need to removed a few bits of plastic trim... I'm sure someone will explain if I am wrong though

A pillars are really easy fingers in and pull off.

daytona365
07-07-14, 06:47 PM
Also once trim off, a good chance to clean out any foreign objects....I had a load of rotten leaves in my scuttle trim...They had gone very mouldy!!!!!!!!!!!!