PDA

View Full Version : Full green alcantara and matching dash at the scrapyard :( (hampshire)

Robin
09-07-14, 04:15 AM
what a shame this is at the scrappy. green alcantara, green dash and door cards for a zs hatch

http://www.silverlake.co.uk/breakers/details/MG-ZS-2001-To-2005-180-5-Door-Hatchback/2644

someone on here must surely want the parts, or the car. would hate to see it all go to waste.

Skillen
09-07-14, 06:28 AM
Paging luke and Kate, Luke and Kate.
Please report to the scrapyard!!

Such good looking seats!

Skillen
09-07-14, 06:31 AM
FYI:There is someone on .org offering to get the bits for people out of the car.

ZS
09-07-14, 06:46 AM
I've made an inquiry into the car as a whole...

However if that falls through then I will consider collecting parts if anyone wants them, since it is local!

stamford
09-07-14, 07:15 AM
What is wrong with it? Looks okay and states runs and drives.

Djules
09-07-14, 07:20 AM
First time I see an Alcantara interior without the rear headrests.

ZS
09-07-14, 07:43 AM
What is wrong with it? Looks okay and states runs and drives.

I have asked the very question... Plus it has MOT.

Reading the ad in more detail, it appears to be a "Trade In" so I bet its been traded in and then because of the Make, Age and Miliage its been sent for scrap rather than auctioned off etc...

Lukeus101
09-07-14, 08:36 AM
Paging luke and Kate, Luke and Kate.
Please report to the scrapyard!!

Such good looking seats!

Id love the full door cards and trim, not sure on the seats though.

dave23572
09-07-14, 09:06 AM

Reading the ad in more detail, it appears to be a "Trade In" so I bet its been traded in and then because of the Make, Age and Miliage its been sent for scrap rather than auctioned off etc...

Very sad, I hope someone can save it and keep it on the road.

peterzs
09-07-14, 09:15 AM
I'd have the whole car, looks good.

What a waste.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

petet16
09-07-14, 10:22 AM
What a waste that a perfectly useable car ends up in the scrappies.

stamford
09-07-14, 12:10 PM

Probably thought head gasket bla, bla, not worth it regardless of engine type fitted!

MG ZS STE
09-07-14, 01:10 PM
I remember when this came up for sale. I think he was only looking for around £700

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=26716&highlight=%2Agreen+alcantara%2A

dave23572
18-07-14, 07:27 AM
Did anyone manage to save this car in the end?

ZS
18-07-14, 07:28 AM
Did anyone manage to save this car in the end?

Nope, they never returned any emails or calls so i gave up!

dave23572
18-07-14, 08:42 AM
Nope, they never returned any emails or calls so i gave up!

Shame,

The ZS is going to become pretty rare as time goes on with this kind of thing happening.

Now the values are rock bottom, it's only real enthusiasts with some spare cash that are fixing them if they go wrong, the rest are getting scrapped because of one fault.

Also, being cheap cars now, many are in the hands of boy racers, and won't last long before being crashed, blown up, or chavved up to the point where they'd be better off scrapped.

I've had my 2003 XPG 180 saloon since 2006 and have no plans to part with it. I just hope parts availability doesn't eventually hamstring those of us willing to maintain them.

Deckz
18-07-14, 11:41 AM
Shame,

The ZS is going to become pretty rare as time goes on with this kind of thing happening.

Now the values are rock bottom, it's only real enthusiasts with some spare cash that are fixing them if they go wrong, the rest are getting scrapped because of one fault.

Also, being cheap cars now, many are in the hands of boy racers, and won't last long before being crashed, blown up, or chavved up to the point where they'd be better off scrapped.

I've had my 2003 XPG 180 saloon since 2006 and have no plans to part with it. I just hope parts availability doesn't eventually hamstring those of us willing to maintain them.

Hopefully then the 180 I have will be worth a few more quid in a few years lol :yoji: