PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

Jason04r
10-07-14, 11:14 AM
Linky

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mg-zt-zs-180-190-kv6-sprintex-supercharger-/281381646058?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4183a72eea

Asking abit much i think but from the looks of it , a sorted system.

Anyone lend me £2000???? hehe:yoji:

Skillen
10-07-14, 12:21 PM
Oh sh*t. I want.
This is killing me the decision to dip into the savings.

petet16
10-07-14, 12:46 PM
That's the guy who used to own the Ignition Blue s/c zs which has featured on the forum a few times.

Personally I'd pass, too many forced induction kv6's have gone bang in the past, great idea in theory, not so hot in practice.

6282tom
10-07-14, 01:28 PM
oh man! If only I hadn't just bought a house!

Skillen
10-07-14, 01:40 PM
That's the guy who used to own the Ignition Blue s/c zs which has featured on the forum a few times.

Personally I'd pass, too many forced induction kv6's have gone bang in the past, great idea in theory, not so hot in practice.

But did they run with decompression plates?
I've read so much about the problems :/

Properly sorted and mapped with six uprated injectors and a proper ecu rather than piggybacked?

What's with the 190 cams giving less power though? And would this be the case with the 270cams properly timed?

Mark S
10-07-14, 03:15 PM
why, when you could buy steves wsr mani and proper ecu and get similar power???

running the supercharger on the 7th injector and piggy back ecu is looking for trouble.

petet16
10-07-14, 03:49 PM
But did they run with decompression plates?
I've read so much about the problems :/

Properly sorted and mapped with six uprated injectors and a proper ecu rather than piggybacked?

What's with the 190 cams giving less power though? And would this be the case with the 270cams properly timed?

I'm assuming he had the decompression plates made in order to run more boost, 6 uprated injectors and decent management would be a good start, but the bhp gained versus £££ spent doesn't look to healthy.

ZRed
10-07-14, 04:02 PM
The boys delusional

adam
10-07-14, 04:04 PM
the bhp gained versus £££ spent doesn't look to healthy.

It never does :w00t:

Skillen
10-07-14, 04:36 PM
The boys delusional
Meaning me?
I'm just looking at some options.
I could put a t-series in it but where's the fun in that? I lose the nice v6 noise lol.

I'm assuming he had the decompression plates made in order to run more boost, 6 uprated injectors and decent management would be a good start, but the bhp gained versus £££ spent doesn't look to healthy.

Nah it never is a healthy ratio though as Adam says!

I'm just thinking of what I can do.
Forced induction torque is a nice feeling lol. And would the wsr mani really get that?
And didn't he have a lot of problems getting it running properly as well.

ZS Phil
10-07-14, 04:40 PM
Apparently the one that the seller built is the blue MK2 (the youtube link in the listing) which has also blown up. Such a shame, a supercharged V6 is certainly appealing but for that sort of money and work (full engine strip down basically to fit the decomp plates) I'd want some reliability.
That said, if its not a daily and just a fun weekend car then go for it I say!

Regarding putting a T series in you might gain 20 bhp for lets say £1000 (Engine, gearbox, drive shafts, custom loom etc) With this, if the claims are correct and you can do the work yourself (of which there will be a lot) then you could gain 60 bhp for £2000, look at it that way and it kind of makes sense... until you realize it will probably only last a few thousand miles like the other charged ones have done.

petet16
10-07-14, 04:42 PM
The ratio looks a lot healthier when the manufacturer takes the hit on development costs.

Lukeus101
10-07-14, 04:46 PM
Bloody Hell! Id save that money and save another 180 from the scrapyard.

sneekyparrot
10-07-14, 05:21 PM
This is Gary who is selling this, guy who built Nathan's car. We spoke many times when i had mine and he know what he is talking about when it comes to charged motors.
Personally i would have another in a heartbeat as they are chalk and cheese performance wise compared to the stock 180.

I messed about with mine and got it running soo much better with Gary / Ross's advice and had 30K on the charged motor before it went to MG enthusiast abroad. Picked up from MG live and drove back to Luxembourg where its still as far as i am aware going strong.

I mean for a weekend toy who cares if it goes bang when a new motor can be purchased for pennies.

I am taking a guess that this might be Drew's old charger??

however i think he has no chance of get that asking price. I sold my spare unit to the guy who bought the car for £550 with an uprated 7th injectors and SMT7

but you never know lol.

carmadbaker
11-07-14, 05:49 AM
Just the mention of 7th injector runs shivers down my spine

Supercharged_Z
11-07-14, 08:03 AM
its not drews old charger I dont think.

It is a nice bit of kit, but its over complicated with some of the bits.

The best setup is bolted on without messing with the boost.

Complications come when trying to add more boost but then reduce the revs etc just takes away the characteristics of the KV6

Still like Paul, I would have one again. Probably for nostalgia of missing my black hatch and the good times.

petet16
17-07-14, 01:58 PM
It looks like it may have sold outside ebay.

Drew
17-07-14, 08:20 PM
sold already?

mine was probably the greatest mod i've ever done. but took a lot of cash to get the power. sounded great, ran great, drove great. couldn't really ask for more tbh.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/Roverdose/RollRd18.jpg

Drew

Drew
17-07-14, 08:25 PM
no, not mine btw, my oil pipe wasnt fed into there.

i like he says he had de-comp plates made! they look like head saver shims to me..

Drew

petet16
17-07-14, 08:53 PM
I assumed he'd sold it, the auction was ended as the item was no longer available.

ZRed
18-07-14, 06:20 AM
Meaning me?
I'm just looking at some options.
I could put a t-series in it but where's the fun in that? I lose the nice v6 noise lol.

Nah it never is a healthy ratio though as Adam says!

I'm just thinking of what I can do.
Forced induction torque is a nice feeling lol. And would the wsr mani really get that?
And didn't he have a lot of problems getting it running properly as well.

I meant on his pricing.

Skillen
18-07-14, 06:43 AM
I meant on his pricing.

Ahh right sorry mate!