PDA

View Full Version : LPG conversion

Martin_H
12-07-14, 08:50 AM
Morning all

Thinking very seriously of returning to a zs as a daily driver and selling my 6. Economy is why though. I can't find any low mileage zs diesels out there so I'm seriously considering the possibility of buying a nice low mileage 180 and converting to LPG. Outlay should be about 3500 in total, half that of buying a boring recent diesel car. Has anyone gone down this route as it's an avenue I'm seriously exploring? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talkingcars
12-07-14, 10:22 AM
And a good morning to you too Martin

It is something I'd love to do but never seem to have enough spare gas in a lump sum to arrange it. A number of ZS180's have been converted to LPG over the years, MGR even offered the 120 with LPG. The most common KV6 conversion has been the Freelander.

My best advice would be to shop around, don't just go with the cheapest or the nearest or the quickest. Have a search around www.lpgforum.co.uk , chap on there by the username of Tubbs seems to have a lot of experience.

James

talkingcars
12-07-14, 10:24 AM
Alternatively there is a chap on xpower forum (Aldon) who has just had his 6 converted.

Stephen
12-07-14, 10:56 AM
Theres a rio red diesel zs for sale on .org, located in ireland im sure, its an enthusiast owner.

Im in two minds about my exec, considering selling that for something else. i miss the petrol after driving the V6 ZT-T

Dan1971
12-07-14, 11:53 AM
Clive (C13URD) on here converted a 180. It was firefrost and mint. The owner of that car was considering selling a while back.

I believe he got it done for about £800 and had a hinged number plate to conceal the filler hole. Very neat install.

Might be worth dropping him a message to see how he went about it.

Bobdope2002
13-07-14, 09:50 AM
Clive (C13URD) on here converted a 180. It was firefrost and mint. The owner of that car was considering selling a while back.

I believe he got it done for about £800 and had a hinged number plate to conceal the filler hole. Very neat install.

Might be worth dropping him a message to see how he went about it.

I miss my old 180 somedays

ZSZRANDRF900
14-07-14, 11:14 AM
i had a 54 plate black 180 that i converted to LPG when it had 11K on the clock. Prestige LPG in birmingham did it, and totally Botched it up. then Stuart at Gas4cars in Milton Keynes stripped all of Prestige's rubbish off and didi it properly for me, with a Prins system. i did an additonal 88K miles before i parted with it. It never let me down, AND, the oil stays clean as LPG doesn't blacken up the oil. so you end up with a healthier engine as a consequence. I would do it again with no reservations. just make sure who ever does the fitment isn't an idiot.