PDA

View Full Version : My recent health scare

Alan.F
21-07-14, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys

My diabetes went haywire dropping all my blood counts and things and made me very very Ill including collapsing 3 times in 5 days i thought i was going to die tbh, which culminated with me spending 7 days in hospital on various drips and tests. At one point not knowing where I was or what was happening to me. I had had a clinical mental breakdown caused by my levels being so low and my brain was moving resources to keep me alive so to speak.

I am now back home recovering well and taking each day as it comes lessons learned.

Huge thanks to Bolton Royal Hospital my family and friends for there support over the last few days especially My wife who spent 11hrs a day with me for the duration.

Lesson of the year for me when I start feeling unwell again I will seek advice instead of trying to get on.

Skillen
21-07-14, 09:27 PM
Glad you're feeling well again!
I've seen some pretty ill people at work with problems with diabetes and it's pretty serious when it happens and it seems to happen so quickly with it too!
Keep yourself on top and you'll be good :)

peterzs
21-07-14, 09:37 PM
Glad its been sorted and its under control.

Well done the Mrs and friends.

Think we are all the same, dont like bothering anyone and it will sort itself out. Just shows and is a warning to all of us.

Seek medical help and get sorted before it turns worse.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Supercharged_Z
21-07-14, 09:49 PM
Nice one Alan, I was going to put a thread up wishing you well but never really know the crack as such so left it.

good luck in a decent recovery. Its surprising what these scares can do to us.

Ross

Alan.F
21-07-14, 09:59 PM
Thx people it scared the **** out of me

andys1981
21-07-14, 10:17 PM
get well soon alan bud,hope youre better soon mate

Maxfly
21-07-14, 10:20 PM
Hope your recovery continues well Alan, all the best:)

sneekyparrot
22-07-14, 06:00 AM
All the best m8 [emoji106][emoji106]

stamford
22-07-14, 06:55 AM
Sounds like you ran a close one there Alan, good job our body can adapt and survive for a short term fix so the professionals can restore the system. Times like this makes you think and look at things differently. Hope the recovery is speedy and you are fit and well in no time.

grimmy
22-07-14, 08:35 AM
Glad you are on the mend big fella .had me.worried for a while there.now look after yourself dammit.

ZSZRANDRF900
22-07-14, 08:40 AM
Glad you are back on the road to feeling better Alan. I had type 2 for 6 years now, hate it. are you 1 or 2? did the Doc's take your license due to being ill from it mate? my buddy had 1 episode at work and was ambulanced off, they took his license for a year, gets it back this Sept.

Alan.F
22-07-14, 08:57 AM
I am type 2 and no my licence hasn't been revoked but have decided not to drive for a few weeks by my own choice even tho i was told now my levels are back to normal i will be fine.

ZSZRANDRF900
22-07-14, 09:09 AM
take care matey

Dan1971
22-07-14, 03:54 PM
Oooft .... serious stuff mate.

Lifestyle changes to make perhaps ? I've watched a lot of programmes where changing various aspects can help. Hope you continue to recover.

All the best ....

john180
22-07-14, 04:06 PM
Take care and look after yourself :)

ian zs180
22-07-14, 04:34 PM
Good to hear your on the mend alan