PDA

View Full Version : Members Track Project?

Lukeus101
06-08-14, 07:10 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/track-car-unfinished-project-mg-zs-180-mk2-facelift-/191277136722?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c89017b52

Local to me too...;)

stamford
06-08-14, 07:21 PM
I am intrigued as to what the vinyl wrap should be like when finished as that looks like a Harlequin Polo! Could be a good buy if the price is right. Could make a good track car for the southern region ;)

Lukeus101
06-08-14, 07:33 PM
Not if i can persuade the missus ;)

redzed
06-08-14, 10:21 PM
Wonder what bolt in cage thats got? Didnt know of a company making those

Maxfly
07-08-14, 06:29 AM
Intriguing beastly, worth a look for his'n'hers matching 180's haha!

peterzs
07-08-14, 08:12 AM
Wonder why he chose a LPG engined one to make into a track car, plenty of 180's around.

Thought he could have sold it easily with a £1000 odd pounds of the LPG gear fitted, less it never worked, I suppose.

Southern Track car sounds good, if only we had somewhere to park it, trailer, time to finish it.

:band::band::band:

Lukeus101
07-08-14, 08:45 AM
Would be awesome :)

MG ZS STE
07-08-14, 06:59 PM
I'm watching this with interest. It's soon shot up and seems to have met its reserve.

Smokey
09-08-14, 02:31 PM
A mk2 would look good on the track. The site track car will be up and running next april/may time.

Smokey
09-08-14, 02:31 PM
A mk2 on track would look nice! The site track car will be running again next april/may.

Dan1971
09-08-14, 02:43 PM
I'd throw a few quid in if anyone was thinking about it but they were unsure about it as a sole venture.

I have no storage, tow bar etc etc - but would happily thrash it on a track with others if there was any appetite for it.

Saying that - need not be this one - sure there are others, but the bottom line is that I'd be in for a group owned Southern based track venture.

talkingcars
09-08-14, 04:14 PM
I'm in the same boat as Dan but without the cash.

Mark S
09-08-14, 05:14 PM
hey you guys, a track car in scotland, and talk of one on the south coast, what about those who live in the mids with donny, oulton, cadwell, blyton and the epic and much underrated mallory park, to name a few...

Skillen
09-08-14, 05:24 PM
And don't forget Cumbria! We get nothing lol.

stamford
10-08-14, 08:28 AM
I'm considering leaving my zed off the road, look to buy a trailer in the future and just use it for track days. Considering I only do low miles these days it seems a waste of money what with tax and insurance.

Dan1971
10-08-14, 10:26 AM
If you've got the space it would seem sensible Mick if you're not getting the use out of it I suppose - trailer it to shows or track days and turn it into a fun thing.

Could even hire it out to trusted others maybe ... ;)

stamford
10-08-14, 11:05 AM
If you've got the space it would seem sensible Mick if you're not getting the use out of it I suppose - trailer it to shows or track days and turn it into a fun thing.

Could even hire it out to trusted others maybe ... ;)

It has crossed my mind but, a big but! If I stuff it then so be it, but anyone else stuffed it then how would I handle it! Come next April I would have had this zed 10 years. One reason why I find it hard to part with.

peterzs
10-08-14, 12:14 PM
I'd only drive it 9/10th's on track, if it was yours Stamford.

We all know its got to be 10/10th's, or nothing!!!

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

Mark S
10-08-14, 12:14 PM
you can get trackday insurance.

to hire a track car from the like of javelin is well over 500 plus the cost of the trackday!!!

ards instructors usually charge 300 for the car and 200 for their time, which makes much more sense, at least you learn how to drive properly for the same money!!!

Dan1971
10-08-14, 12:55 PM
I'd only drive it 9/10th's on track, if it was yours Stamford.

We all know its got to be 10/10th's, or nothing!!!

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

Which really is why it'd make sense for say 5 of us to bung in equal wedge. No sole ownership issues. Shared responsibility for costs of maintaining the actual car. Even if 10 of us were in - if only 3 or 4 were available to track it on a certain day they could crack on etc. Car gets stacked - we either agree "oh well" or we agree - you were driving it, you pay back the buy in costs.

With the Scottish car, it seems down to Smokey to keep on top it, organise everything and then take some beer token from others who want to punt round in what effectively is his car. I personally think that if you have equal buy in from actual joint owners and shared responsibility, it'd be easier to keep it going.

Say hypothetically Mick's car then - valued at say £2K - 5 people including Mick - £400 buy in for everyone else and we all effectively own 20% of the car

peterzs
10-08-14, 04:15 PM
I'll have the 20% that never gets smashed up!!! :devil::devil::devil:

I'd be happy to chip in.

Reckon we would have to agree on the, "Oops its in the barriers", scenario. I'd be happy to save what we could, reuse and start again. Rather than have the cost come down on one person, that has the unfortunate experience. Could be down to a lot of things, oil, over estimating skill, car in front. Would save a lot of hassle, if it was taken as a racing incident and we start again.

Cars are so cheap, labour is the most costly bit of sorting.

:beer2::beer2::beer2:

talkingcars
10-08-14, 05:54 PM

Even you can do an engine swap - I saw you.

TBH the most expensive part is the trailer.

Dan1971
10-08-14, 06:03 PM
I'll have the 20% that never gets smashed up!!! :devil::devil::devil:

I'd be happy to chip in.

Reckon we would have to agree on the, "Oops its in the barriers", scenario. I'd be happy to save what we could, reuse and start again. Rather than have the cost come down on one person, that has the unfortunate experience. Could be down to a lot of things, oil, over estimating skill, car in front. Would save a lot of hassle, if it was taken as a racing incident and we start again.

Absolutely - great call. There's such a wealth of knowledge on here anyway and parts come up all the time so even a shunt could get sorted out. I know next to nothing about how they work - it's all magic as far as I'm concerned.

peterzs
10-08-14, 08:49 PM
Hi, Talkingcars, very true, regarding trailer costs.

I used to buy them for work, Ifor Williams beaver tailed, plant trailers. Had a few nicked as well!!!

There are places you can hire for the day, have to have a look at costs, less we knew someone that we could Borrow one.

;););) :whistle::whistle::whistle:

MG ZS STE
27-08-14, 07:40 PM
This is back up for sale, non paying bidder apparently. Ended at £800 previously which I think is a bargain.

Lukeus101
27-08-14, 07:42 PM
He bumped it up i reckon

petet16
27-08-14, 07:57 PM
Private listing, I reckon he had his mates bumping the price.