PDA

View Full Version : New Mod :)

Steves Cleenz
27-01-08, 08:44 PM
Oh yes got hold of a second hand Xpower back box off a member from XPF and fitted it today :boxing: My car now sounds like it should do, the V6 barble is now there,

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0001-21.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0005-14.jpg

afcbadam
27-01-08, 08:55 PM
does it make your car loud. what about going up the motorway. is it always in your eas on pretty quiret or just noisy when you put your foor down. be interested to know

Smokey
27-01-08, 08:58 PM
I have one and its not too loud

Steves Cleenz
27-01-08, 09:05 PM
the sound is fine, not loud at all just really deep

Maxxed_Ross
27-01-08, 09:06 PM
tidy! I've got two of these going on mine on Wed - can't wait!

afcbadam
27-01-08, 09:10 PM
i had an exhaust on a rover before i brought the 180, most of my driving is at 80mph up the motorway and that drove me nuts i just wondered how much louder it is than a standard exhaust. i have the induction kit on there so i know that will make it a bit louder but that only gets loud at 3500rpm when foot flat on floor or if i boot it on the motorway. whats the exhaust like compaired to that

Maxxed_Ross
27-01-08, 09:15 PM
depends what one you get I think. If it's just the back box it shouldn't be much louder unless you go for a silly 5" tail pipe

Steves Cleenz
27-01-08, 09:17 PM
when i nail mine you can here the exhaust upto 3k but then after that the induction kit is louder than the exhaust, but then when you just tootle at 70 its fine, no real droning at all

afcbadam
27-01-08, 09:37 PM
depends what one you get I think. If it's just the back box it shouldn't be much louder unless you go for a silly 5" tail pipe

do you know what one is the quiretest. i not looking at noise just a nice enhanced sound of the v6. i spoke to a local powerflow dealer nd he said they can just 'enhance' the sound of make it really loud, i am looking at a cat back system. what sort of bhp do you get from a system

afcbadam
27-01-08, 09:38 PM

do you know what one is the quiretest. i not looking at noise just a nice enhanced sound of the v6. i spoke to a local powerflow dealer nd he said they can just 'enhance' the sound or make it really loud, i am looking at a cat back system. what sort of bhp do you get from a system

afcbadam
27-01-08, 09:39 PM
dont know how i posted that twice by the way

markyzs180
27-01-08, 10:07 PM
i've got the genuine xpower one and its just right...not too loud but hey, you know its there...i stand outside and listen to the doris drive off when she goes out in the z just to hear it !!

i even turn the head off when i'm out for a ragaround so i can fully appreciate that v6 growl and the xpower burble....god i'm a sad git....:slap:

Southern Storm
27-01-08, 10:08 PM
I have the same exhaust. At low revs it burbles nicely. Was nicely quiet in the background on a recent trip to Birmingham. Everyone comments how nice it sounds.
Expect no more than 2 -5 bhp if you are very very lucky.

ZS B19LYB
27-01-08, 11:21 PM
yea i have a custom cat back dual system on mine is much louder at the lower revs and normally quietens down as the revs climb still loud thou. dont know if anyones ever noticed but if when you are driving if you dip the accelerater so that you are not speeding up or slowing down just dipped a little it goes well quiet dont know why but it does always help wen u have a head ache lol. and you dont get major gains from exhausts as far as i know.

Maxfly
28-01-08, 06:06 AM
makes a difference over the standard one, pokes oot that bit more and looks so much better too:)

stamford
28-01-08, 07:19 AM
Any change is good over the OE one, as it is so lame. At least it fits the trim now and gives a decent sound.

Glen290
28-01-08, 09:26 AM
Looks good, I have the same backbox, sounds just right, cant help put press that loud pedal a bit more, and really enjoy going through the tunnels in North Wales when I go each weekend...

arwilson80
28-01-08, 10:28 AM
I would like a new exhaust nt there is just something that i don't like about that Xpower one you have. I think it could be the thickness as it's rolled inwards...

Steves Cleenz
28-01-08, 11:25 AM
I would like a new exhaust nt there is just something that i don't like about that Xpower one you have. I think it could be the thickness as it's rolled inwards...

for £50 i aint complaining :thumbsup:

Xpower do the oval one aswell this is the one i would have liked but this came up so i got it instead, piper do a slash cut one and if you go for a powerflow one you can choose your own tail pipe

arwilson80
28-01-08, 11:27 AM
for £50 i aint complaining :thumbsup:

I wouldn't either. :D

Boot Hill Bandit
28-01-08, 11:44 AM
Heres a good question..........who has done the most miles with their performace back box fitted??

Reason I ask?? Well.........I'd love to know what the sound difference is between a fresh one and one that is well coked up with soot.

Other reason..........I wonder if its possible to clean them out :hmm: with our kart.......you could remove the exhaust......take the wadding out......and the baffle.......seal up one end (rubber glove and jubilee clip) fill it with old petrol and a can full of washed pea shingle, seal the other end........and then shake it like mad for about 5 minutes on and off :D. Take the seals off, drop the crap into a bucket for disposal, put the wadding back in.....and the baffle.......cap on end......and voila.....one new quieter exhaust :D

I wonder if its possible to do something similar with the ZS after a year or so??

Jim

arwilson80
28-01-08, 12:34 PM
It'd be possible but i'd imagine, but it'd probably mean that it needs to be cut open and re-welded....

sduk
31-01-08, 07:55 PM
great mod! looks great and i imagine it sounds great too! :D