PDA

View Full Version : Silver ZS 180

silver bullet
25-08-14, 03:16 AM
Been on the forum for a while now and thought id share a couple of photos of my ZS in Australia. I can take a few more next time I get it out.

It's a 2005 MG ZS 180 mk2 in silver delivered new here, I am the 3rd owner and I bought the car about 5 years ago. I think I have driven it twice this year haha. It has recently had a bit of a birthday and there are a couple of other minor things I need to do.

My other toy is a 2005 MG ZR racer which I race more often than I drive the ZS

5557 5558 5559

Lukeus101
25-08-14, 04:16 AM
Looking good mate! :) Many 180's kicking around in Australia?

Dan1971
25-08-14, 09:17 AM
Nice looking car pal - must be a rare sight over there - get out more !

Tell me that's your actual number plate too .... awesome !

stamford
25-08-14, 11:30 AM
I bet that turns some heads down there.

ian zs180
25-08-14, 12:24 PM
Looking good that mate what sort of money they go for there I was told by someone I know who came over to uk a few years ago from Melbourne that any mg there fetch good money .

Jason04r
25-08-14, 01:50 PM
If you ever find a zt with a supercharger In a scrap yard then send it to me haha.

Welcome to the forums !

silver bullet
27-08-14, 12:33 AM
How many are here...There seems to be varied beliefs in how many ZS were imported by MG Rover Australia, originally I was told 31/32 but have since been told there were 45. Either way it would be under 50 originally sold here. Obviously a few have been written off since then. All ZS that were sold here were 180's, no other variants were imported. most were one specification the only options we had was the rear wing, sunroof and leather.

Yes it is my real number plate :)

I get a few questions, unfortunately people think its like a WRX or they thing I have put a bodykit on it. It kind of sucks that the whole hot hatch scene has moved on so rapidly since so it gets outdone fairly quickly these days but its been a lot of fun having something different!

My aim is in the next couple of years I want to build a ZS 180 racer to replace by ZR 160 racer.

As for values, honestly mate they vary, I have seen them go for $6k AUD which is about 3500 GBP and a couple of really low km ones for 8-9k AUD which is 5000GBP. That is probably high compared to the UK but got to remember they were $40k AUD new (22k GBP)

ZT V8 or ZT V6? Not many ZT V8 here so that is rare, ZT V6 there are a few getting around.

Jason04r
27-08-14, 08:14 AM
How many are here...There seems to be varied beliefs in how many ZS were imported by MG Rover Australia, originally I was told 31/32 but have since been told there were 45. Either way it would be under 50 originally sold here. Obviously a few have been written off since then. All ZS that were sold here were 180's, no other variants were imported. most were one specification the only options we had was the rear wing, sunroof and leather.

Yes it is my real number plate :)

I get a few questions, unfortunately people think its like a WRX or they thing I have put a bodykit on it. It kind of sucks that the whole hot hatch scene has moved on so rapidly since so it gets outdone fairly quickly these days but its been a lot of fun having something different!

My aim is in the next couple of years I want to build a ZS 180 racer to replace by ZR 160 racer.

As for values, honestly mate they vary, I have seen them go for $6k AUD which is about 3500 GBP and a couple of really low km ones for 8-9k AUD which is 5000GBP. That is probably high compared to the UK but got to remember they were $40k AUD new (22k GBP)

ZT V8 or ZT V6? Not many ZT V8 here so that is rare, ZT V6 there are a few getting around.

Believe the only market they sold ZT Superchargers but seems most engines blew im guessing you should see some superchargers knocking about.

Have you seen any facelift models knocking around?

adam
27-08-14, 09:09 AM
Very nice and the number plate is awesome!

peterzs
27-08-14, 09:46 AM
Great looking car, like the Mini and ZR.

Good luck with the racing.

:-D:-D:-D

silver bullet
28-08-14, 04:28 AM
Believe the only market they sold ZT Superchargers but seems most engines blew im guessing you should see some superchargers knocking about.

Have you seen any facelift models knocking around?

There are a few ZT V6 supercharged ones getting about, one sold not long ago with 16x,xxx km on it. I don't think they are that unreliable on the ZT's only ZS's. I have a friend with a manual ZT 190 that was charged, only has 6x,xxxkm on it.

A few Mk2 ZT's get around, mostly 180 models.