PDA

View Full Version : Rear door handle

tallgeese
28-08-14, 03:35 PM
How do I remove the rear door handles on my car? I have found the front nut that holds the handle but I can't seem to get at the second of the two :( help would be very much appreciated :noexpression:

petet16
28-08-14, 04:03 PM
There's a hole in the door frame as I recall, you need a socket and long extension to reach it

tallgeese
28-08-14, 04:16 PM
I could not see any access to the nut at all I can just about reach it with my finger tips. All this just so I can fix the dreaded lug that decided to break on me today!! I'm tempted to just drill a big hole in the door to get at it!!! It's maddening how inaccessible it is :(

6282tom
28-08-14, 05:02 PM
You need to move the latch mechanism out of the way to gain access. Remove the screws holding the mechanism, you should then be able to gain access with an extension bar through the hole that's been created.

tallgeese
28-08-14, 05:19 PM
You need to move the latch mechanism out of the way to gain access. Remove the screws holding the mechanism, you should then be able to gain access with an extension bar through the hole that's been created.

I don't have the right tool bud I'm using a basic spanner set :wacko:

6282tom
28-08-14, 05:47 PM
I don't have the right tool bud I'm using a basic spanner set :wacko:

If you remove the latch mechanism you might be able to access it with a spanner, acessibility is certainly awkward... ☺

talkingcars
28-08-14, 06:11 PM
A quick trip to buy some sockets is in order -

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-30-piece-socket-set-1-4

- from Halfords is not a bad basic one and will do simple jobs including this one.

talkingcars
28-08-14, 06:28 PM
Your local branch at
D3, Mostyn Chamneys Retail Park
Charlotte Road
Llandudno
LL30 1RY
has them in stock.

tallgeese
28-08-14, 06:59 PM
Your local branch at
D3, Mostyn Chamneys Retail Park
Charlotte Road
Llandudno
LL30 1RY
has them in stock.

Well it's my bday Saturday so you can treat me :tease:

talkingcars
28-08-14, 07:52 PM
If you want to buy a second as a present for someone else they are showing it as 2 for £20.

tallgeese
28-08-14, 08:24 PM
I'm too cheap for that lol but it's a nice thought :D