PDA

View Full Version : smokey turbo

jonesy
29-08-14, 11:05 AM
anybody no what I can do with my turbo on my zs diesel,needs overhauling as its smokeing,any body in east Anglia area that can overhaul them,buying one off ebay is an option but you never no what your getting,can you overhaul them yourself with gasket kits,any reply much appreciated,

p_b82
29-08-14, 11:32 AM
it is typically the oil seals that will have gone if it is smoking, but I'd look online for a local turbo rebuilder as that will probably cost you less than a 2nd hand ebay one- that may or may not be in the same state.

I presume you are getting blue smoke out the back, as different colour smoke will point to other issues not always the turbo itself...

petet16
29-08-14, 12:50 PM
There is a guy on RT his user name is Wilkey, he has a top reputation for his rebuilds.

jonesy
29-08-14, 04:21 PM
blue smoke like its burning off on the exhaust,i don't mean to sound thick but wots RT,how much do you reakon for a rebuild,trouble is I need my car for work so I might buy a worn one on ebay and send it off for a rebuild,ive found turbo solutions up north,are all the turbos on the rover diesels the same garret turbo,as my zs is the 115bhp model I thought it might be the turbo that's different I could be wrong.

ZRed
29-08-14, 04:24 PM
I have turbo`s on 3 vehicles in the yard that I could cut you a deal on.

talkingcars
29-08-14, 05:20 PM
RT = Rovertech = www.rovertech.net

jonesy
29-08-14, 09:26 PM
how much you asking for the best one of the 3,