talkingcars
09-09-14, 09:56 PM
Which do you prefer?

Lukeus101
09-09-14, 10:01 PM
Use both but prefer the sat nav :)

Dan1971
10-09-14, 06:04 AM
Have sat nav in the Kuga, but also a map in the boot. Just in case....

dida4g
10-09-14, 06:30 AM
Usually try to 'Street View' it before I set off but always end up with Sat Nav.

p_b82
10-09-14, 08:35 AM
i'd say both....

I prefer not to listen to them drone on while I am doing the 'easy' parts of the drive, but as it gets near the end having the satnav is a godsend for the resolution of street/road names when you invariably get lost....

I also tend to know routes that are longer but are actually quicker it seems than what the Sat Nav would suggest, and they are not good at giving you those options...

andys1981
10-09-14, 08:54 AM
i just use google maps on my phone,then when im near my destination,start listening to it then.

peterzs
10-09-14, 09:06 AM
Sat Nav.

Till the M6 motorway was closed and the sat nav wanted to get back to the M6, when we tried the other routes.

Always carry a road map in the car, just in case.

;););)

R8NMG
10-09-14, 12:45 PM
Satnav everytime especially when driving abroad. I do look on Google map but can't remember the last time I looked up a paper map.

Tackleberry
10-09-14, 02:31 PM
Satnav, but when I was truck and coach driving I was using satnav and maps....

Alan.F
10-09-14, 03:18 PM
Satnav best on the market for your phone has got to be Waze its awesome for a free one

ian zs180
10-09-14, 03:44 PM
sat nav for me coz I,m crap at reading maps :yes:

talkingcars
14-09-14, 09:59 AM
I like to know where I'm going so often look it up on a map beforehand but I tend to stick the satnav on the screen as well, more for the speed, time and distance info.

I am lucky in that one of the few things I can do well is find my way around, if I've been somewhere once I can normally get there again, from memory. This quite useful as I drive for a living at the moment.

However there are times where I've got close to where I'm going using map and sat nav to find the address I have is poor so have ended up on the internet on my phone doing bing searches or right move searches.

Also most sat navs including truck ones aren't the best at avoiding weight, height and width restrictions so one has to use common sense.

Jay-ZS+
14-09-14, 02:37 PM
Sat Nav, but then I also like to zoom right out to see the whole route so I know roughly where I'm headed.

Not got a map built into the dash that can give traffic alerts and suggest alternative routes if there is roadworks of accidents. So the satnav is pretty handy

tallgeese
14-09-14, 05:59 PM
I do love a suprise road so neither is best. I have found a few epic roads by pure accident ;)

talkingcars
14-09-14, 08:47 PM
Sat Nav, but then I also like to zoom right out to see the whole route so I know roughly where I'm headed.

The one I has offers 4 route alternatives, shortest, quickest, ecconomic and easiest, and shows all 4 as a route map.