PDA

View Full Version : Bad day

tallgeese
03-10-14, 07:53 PM
After all the time and effort I put into the ZS getting her running just nice some arse with bull bars decided to ram the back end and speed off before I could do anything so now I have a dented boot and a crack in the bumper. They are not awful but that being said I'm devastated to the point where I'm gunna try and re sell her at what is going to be a big loss :cry:

Just thought I'd mention my woes before I put her up for sale. I really could just cry:cry::cry::cry:

maxtherotti
03-10-14, 08:43 PM
that sucks but take a breath and calm before you knee jerk into a descision you will regret

Rob

tallgeese
03-10-14, 09:21 PM
I have full no claims mate but not protected so won't be claiming plus I'm too vein to drive a dented car so she has to go :(

MG ZS STE
03-10-14, 10:05 PM
Is it a mk1? Loads of bumpers and boot lids available id have thought if it is.

tallgeese
04-10-14, 12:07 AM
Nope it's a royal blue mk2

stamford
04-10-14, 08:24 AM
No chance of any CCTV of the offender from any local cameras? Scum of the earth those who do that, the wife's MGF got reversed into and off they drove.

tallgeese
04-10-14, 09:31 AM
No chance of any CCTV of the offender from any local cameras? Scum of the earth those who do that, the wife's MGF got reversed into and off they drove.

No the cams in the area were pointed the wrong way, I gave the police a description but they won't go hunting for the sod :wacko:
All I can do is either pay to fix it myself or leave it and drive as is and as I'm too skint and vein im letting her go. I'm sure I'll end up with another one most likely a V6 so not all bad just a shame after all the bloody effort I put in to her.

Dan1971
04-10-14, 09:55 AM
Shame - got to be honest though - don't really see the logic in selling a damaged car that you've spent time and money on.

You won't get it's true value and then if you're skint, it's not like you can add money to whatever you get for the ZS to get a decent replacement. what's a damaged ZS worth - few hundred quid ... ?

If the damage's not that bad - just bung a sticker over it until you find a replacement part - we'll all keep an eye out for you.

If on the other hand, you've just decided to move on, then I wish you well.

tallgeese
04-10-14, 12:11 PM
I can't help it I'm just so anal about body work it has to be dent free or it bugs the hell out of me, very ocd about it :/
I'm sure who ever get her will spend a few quid sorting the dents and will have a great car, if I'm being honest I'm still lusting after a V6 so it's a good excuse to sell ;)