PDA

View Full Version : Jules Bianchi Crash

Jason04r
06-10-14, 03:46 PM
We all knew what happened on the weekend however nobody seen the actual crash.

Graphic Warning ( Crash only )
http://mirror.ninja/sc60

Couldn't believe the amount of force in the crash , to be able to lift a truck which weighs so much.

Keep fighting Bianchi!

welshone
06-10-14, 04:07 PM
More care was needed under yellow flag. They use them for a reason.

ian zs180
06-10-14, 04:15 PM
That is such a bad accident the poor guy didn't stand a chance . Just hope he pulls though and makes a full recovery .

Jason04r
06-10-14, 04:43 PM
If you look at the video the marshal was waving a green flag and not the correct yellow flag . Even after the crash he still waved the green flag

ZRed
06-10-14, 05:01 PM
Unsure why race control turned the green lights back on. It wasn't fully recovered.

pheelay
06-10-14, 06:44 PM
Link wasn't working for me. Here's a mirror:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b17_1412605388

Wow. That was some force. I was watching that race on Sunday. The crash was completely missed by live coverage. I think there will be questions over why the race was allowed to continue with so much water on the track.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Lukeus101
06-10-14, 06:58 PM
I wish him a very speedy recovery :(

stamford
06-10-14, 07:19 PM
Shocking accident, so much force in the impact, hope he is okay but that was a bad hit. You would think after all these years of racing there they would know when to stop a race due to poor visibility.

p_b82
06-10-14, 08:03 PM
Really nasty, that sort of water on the track should have resulted in a slightly earlier stoppage or the SC out - as it was a lot worse than the start of the actual race!

however double waved yellows should be "be prepared to stop" and he was obviously going a lot faster than he probably should have been.

Hopefully he continues to make progress though, as no one likes a reminder how dangerous the sport is!

peterzs
06-10-14, 08:09 PM
Lucky none of the marshals were taken out.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Dan1971
06-10-14, 08:13 PM
I truly wish him well and pray that he can recover.

Looking at that accident; the speed and angle of impact against such an object - I can't see it to be honest.

We all have a degree in hindsight. It was an accident. I hope that they don't go hunting someone to blame.

talkingcars
07-10-14, 11:34 AM
Nasty, hope he has a full recovery.

I noticed the green flag.

The machine was close to its weight limit, if you watch as it reverses it is bouncing up and down. Coupled with the wedge shape of the back meant that he went under the back lifting it. I suspect the stronger cockpit of the modern cars will have helped, an unloaded machine would have been worse.

petet16
07-10-14, 12:17 PM
Still being reported as critical but stable by the FIA, easy to be wise after the event I guess but I can't help but think they should have deployed the SC while the recovery vehicles were attending to Sutil's car.

I wish him all the best, but he faces a long road to recovery.

Alan.F
07-10-14, 02:48 PM
If you look at the video the marshal was waving a green flag and not the correct yellow flag . Even after the crash he still waved the green flag

This marshal was waving the correct flag (green) as the accident was before his post (12) post 11 would of been double waved yellows and 10 a static yellow.

I am a marshal and i too would of waved a green at that point as per MSA and FIA rules

pheelay
07-10-14, 03:31 PM
This marshal was waving the correct flag (green) as the accident was before his post (12) post 11 would of been double waved yellows and 10 a static yellow.

I am a marshal and i too would of waved a green at that point as per MSA and FIA rules

So, the flag's effect occurs when the driver passes the flag, rather than when the flag comes into view? It would mean the Bianchi should have been driving at yellow flag speeds. Not trying to draw conclusions as I'm sure we dont have the full story, just being curious on the circumstances.

Alan.F
07-10-14, 04:15 PM
So, the flag's effect occurs when the driver passes the flag, rather than when the flag comes into view? It would mean the Bianchi should have been driving at yellow flag speeds. Not trying to draw conclusions as I'm sure we dont have the full story, just being curious on the circumstances.

Yes m8 this is correct he will of passed 2 caution flags and maybe he started to hit the gas as he saw the green come in to view, which may have caused his turbo to spool up and thus losing him traction and resulting in his accident.

talkingcars
07-10-14, 08:33 PM
But they were originally waving the yellow flag changing it to green once the first car was in the air.

Alan.F
07-10-14, 09:39 PM
But they were originally waving the yellow flag changing it to green once the first car was in the air.

That was because as the truck moved back it was taken from his zone so he changed to green