PDA

View Full Version : Blooming Typical!!!

stamford
14-10-14, 12:01 PM
Just received an email from Goodwood reference the Vee-Power Sunday Breakfast club on 2nd November telling me my application has been accepted and I have a pass for parking within the circuit so the zed can be on display.

Three problems here:
1. forgot all about it as registered beginning of the year!
2. zed is sorned and requires work as no MOT!
3. I think swmbo has arranged that day to see inlaws and outlaws!

******, ******, ******! :crazy:

peterzs
14-10-14, 12:55 PM
Well done, hard luck.

My one has just failed on sticky calipers, both o/s ones!!

Could be worse I suppose, getting the brakes sorted Monday, so looks like the TF is going to Halfway House on Sunday!!

;););)

petet16
14-10-14, 01:08 PM
These things are sent to try us.

Dan1971
14-10-14, 03:01 PM
Mate - that car of yours just needs to be for shows and the track if you're not using it, and it's just sitting there. Getting it prepped for an annual MOT, tax etc is just grief I'm sure you could do without.

If you don't fancy sorting it - trailer it up there depending on how well you get on with the in-laws ....

dave23572
14-10-14, 03:16 PM
Well done, hard luck.

My one has just failed on sticky calipers, both o/s ones!!

Could be worse I suppose, getting the brakes sorted Monday, so looks like the TF is going to Halfway House on Sunday!!

;););)

There's a halfway house meet on Sunday?
Is this an MG meet?
Where do I get details, times etc?

welshone
14-10-14, 04:05 PM
MG-Rover South East and the 50th in total
On the 3rd Sunday of the Month and all MG-ROVER owners

Sunday at 12:00

ADDRESS

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

http://maps.google.co.uk/***8203;map...ss=confirm%3A0

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden
Wheelchair Access
Disabled Toilet
Baby Changing Facility
Outdoor Children's Play Area
Car Parking 100+ spaces
Debit & Credit Cards accepted
Great Hot Food
Selection of Beers, Wines and Spirits

peterzs
14-10-14, 05:49 PM
Yep, friendly crowd, MG South East, and three or four of us lot.

Its their 50th meet so should be a good turn out, we normally get there about 12.30, does get a bit crowded, so early the better.

About a mile or two after the M25 junction on the left hand side, I cut across the Little Chef, car park. Just look out for the potholes!!

When you leave, be a bit careful, as the traffic coming up the slip road can still be doing 70 mph + :yikes:

CM13 3LL as Welshone says for the sat nav.

daytona365
14-10-14, 06:14 PM
Hope to you all there............................................. ................... Im looking forward to the 50th, especially as the Zed is all fixed again.

stamford
15-10-14, 06:53 AM
Mate - that car of yours just needs to be for shows and the track if you're not using it, and it's just sitting there. Getting it prepped for an annual MOT, tax etc is just grief I'm sure you could do without.

If you don't fancy sorting it - trailer it up there depending on how well you get on with the in-laws ....

My thoughts exactly. I'm planning on changing my daily driver to something more meaty, 4x4 auto with tow pack. Then looking to buy or hire a trailer for track days and shows. This show I'll have to give a miss as not enough time to sort anything. My fault as I forgot all about it and didn't expect to get accepted either, ho hum!

mattyprice4004
17-10-14, 06:33 PM
These things are sent to try us.

MGs are sent to try us - be thankful you don't have an automatic ZT-T to deal with. Its temper tantrums are worse than my daughter's!

stamford
17-10-14, 06:46 PM
MGs are sent to try us - be thankful you don't have an automatic ZT-T to deal with. Its temper tantrums are worse than my daughter's!

With three daughters over 21 I very much doubt it! :blush: