PDA

View Full Version : Mg zt-t

Maxfly
22-10-14, 08:27 PM
Only contemplating this and would rather have the option of keeping two cars but cash flow dictates otherwise. Would I be able to get a swap with my current 180for a ZT-T, would have to be 190 or possibly diseases but would have to be sold to on that one tbh. We are severely tied down by the hounds and need a car that can move them as well as us (granted roof rack and box may be needed) and ZT-T is only thing that appeals, not wanting as hatch. Like said would rather keep my 180 and tinker in spare time (lol) but not possibl3.

KevG
22-10-14, 10:58 PM
Trade the 3 door Astra for an Astra Tourer simples.

Maxfly
22-10-14, 11:07 PM
The. 3dr has sentimental reasons to Claire so that wouldn't be a goer tbh bud.

stamford
23-10-14, 07:06 AM
Tough one that as ZT-T prices are all over the place. As for a straight swap that's a lottery. You would be better off advertising the ZS and getting strong money for it, pretty sure there are people waiting for such a car to turn up. 190s are easier to purchase purely because of the running costs whereas the diesel prices are holding well. Personally I would go 180 auto if it were me. Do you have smallish dogs? I was looking to buy a ZT-T but found that the sports touring shape was too shallow for my three Dalmatians.

peterzs
23-10-14, 10:00 AM
Found one, if the link works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/460454990690585/permalink/719659348103480/

:-D:-D:-D

KevG
23-10-14, 10:05 AM

Hahahaha, a V8, nice

Maxfly
23-10-14, 11:31 AM
Tough one that as ZT-T prices are all over the place. As for a straight swap that's a lottery. You would be better off advertising the ZS and getting strong money for it, pretty sure there are people waiting for such a car to turn up. 190s are easier to purchase purely because of the running costs whereas the diesel prices are holding well. Personally I would go 180 auto if it were me. Do you have smallish dogs? I was looking to buy a ZT-T but found that the sports touring shape was too shallow for my three Dalmatians.

Good points Mick, I would bypass the 180 as I canna stand autos and up here there isn't swathes of stop start traffic. My favoured option is a very very very cheap but sound estate car and take the zs off the road into the garage to work away on but it doesn't seem that easy to find something here and that would def be in the new year to have cash spare to even do that lol.
The two hairy are a bit lower slung than Dalmatians so the height should be fine in a ztt

Maxfly
23-10-14, 11:34 AM

Hahahaha, a V8, nice

Now I did see that, Mmm that would be ideal lol

dsirrom
23-10-14, 01:32 PM
My favoured option is a very very very cheap but sound estate car and take the zs off the road into the garage to work away on but it doesn't seem that easy to find something here and that would def be in the new year to have cash spare to even do that lol.

Montego Countryman?
Just saying - fits the bill in terms of cost and the diesel is durable
Might struggle to find one with an MOT though :laugh:

Maxfly
23-10-14, 03:07 PM
Haha, actually wouldn't say no but mot be handy hehe

Dan1971
23-10-14, 03:12 PM
Vectra or Mondeo diesel estate.

Huge and cheap ....

grimmy
23-10-14, 03:30 PM
My brother in law swears by his rover 75tourer with the 1.8 turbo lump. picked it up.for buttons as well.

Skillen
23-10-14, 03:44 PM
http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Players-Show-2014-71.jpg

Slam a tourer ;)

I've been looking at ZT/ZT-T diesels lately.
A couple of cheap ones around but all ****-poor spec.

And the other half feels estates are too "old-manny"

(Sorry about the massive picture I can't reduce it as I linked directly from the site picture.)

Maxfly
23-10-14, 08:22 PM
http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Players-Show-2014-71.jpg

Slam a tourer ;)

I've been looking at ZT/ZT-T diesels lately.
A couple of cheap ones around but all ****-poor spec.

And the other half feels estates are too "old-manny"

(Sorry about the massive picture I can't reduce it as I linked directly from the site picture.)

That's lovely, seen it pop up quite a bit recently, g very well executed.

No sure why I hadn't put the 75 my mind tbh, but worth a look and if cheap enough I would hope I could garage the ZS and pamper it a bit. Vectra and Mondeo worth a look especially the Vectras size!

stamford
23-10-14, 08:23 PM
Vectra estates are massive, I currently have a 1.9 CDTi Elite with 150bhp, 6 speed box, full leather and sat nav on a 58 plate and worth around £3.5k. Stacks of room for the three Dalmatians. Looking to sell it as need to change for an auto due to dodgy legs and crap traffic! I'm hoping to buy a Discovery 3 TDV6, just waiting for the right one to come along.

That slammed 75 tourer looks awesome!

BUCKYDEVIL
24-10-14, 12:15 AM
Shut up Gary and Stop being a Fanny, you have only just not long got one of the best ZS out there and made it better by putting the right spoiler on it.
Problem ain't the cars
Problem is your dugs
Get rid of dugs you have
Get couple o Chiwawas
Problem solved.

Maxfly
24-10-14, 07:33 AM
Shut up Gary and Stop being a Fanny, you have only just not long got one of the best ZS out there and made it better by putting the right spoiler on it.
Problem ain't the cars
Problem is your dugs
Get rid of dugs you have
Get couple o Chiwawas
Problem solved.

hahaha, fair points although I suspect the weans would eat any Chihuahuas I would bring into the house....................
.okay by weans I mean me, nom nom :D

tbh I am more thinking banger material and keeping the zs, plenty i want to do and hopefully a bit of time in the garage means i can work away on it without worrying about needing it on the road later that day etc etc.

Dan1971
24-10-14, 08:55 AM
Shut up Gary and Stop being a Fanny, .....

Has to be probably one of the best statements I've ever read on this site ... ! I've literally just spat out my tea laughing.

stamford
24-10-14, 09:38 AM
Buy an ex-police Vectra estate, good service history and cheap. Plus white is the in colour.

Maxfly
24-10-14, 09:52 AM
Buy an ex-police Vectra estate, good service history and cheap. Plus white is the in colour.

Could be handy if i can sneak one out with lights and decals still affixed:devil:

peterzs
24-10-14, 11:02 AM
Now if we only knew a mate, that could get Mates Rates!!!

:pirate2::pirate2::pirate2: :beer::beer::beer:

pb25
24-10-14, 11:20 AM
Ive had 2 Ford Focus Mk1.5 1.8 Duratec estates now and they are good with plenty of room in the boot. Can be tuned aswell. The last one had a Roverron digimaf box on and was rapid. Have issues with DMF's but will give you over 60mpg on a run and 50mpg round town.....cheap as chips aswell

pb25
24-10-14, 11:32 AM
Duratorq not Duratec!