PDA

View Full Version : Front tow hook

Jason04r
19-11-14, 12:53 PM
Wheres it located? i thought if i need a tow truck to come how the hell will he winch it on the truck?

top_man_eldo
19-11-14, 01:04 PM
Wheres it located? i thought if i need a tow truck to come how the hell will he winch it on the truck?

If you're looking at the front of the car, at the bottom of the bumper below the left hand spot light.

Worryingly my previous XPG ZS had seemed to have suffered from tin worm here!

Skillen
19-11-14, 02:02 PM
If you're looking at the front of the car, at the bottom of the bumper below the left hand spot light.

Worryingly my previous XPG ZS had seemed to have suffered from tin worm here!

There's one on each side.
Can't miss them if you get underneath the front bumper.

stamford
19-11-14, 02:41 PM
I think you will find they are lashing points and not actual towing points and as far as I am aware the ZS does not have a front towing point per se. Pretty sure most recovery people will use the wishbone to tie around.

To contradict this I use the lashing point to attach a towing strap for track use. My decision and is a quick means to get it moved from a precarious position. More often than not the car will be on grass or gravel making it impossible to get to the suspension. ;)

splinter
19-11-14, 08:16 PM
But obviously you don't intend to run out of blackstuff Stamford!

stamford
19-11-14, 09:31 PM
But obviously you don't intend to run out of blackstuff Stamford!

Indeed not! However after the last track day I decided to sit out the last session as I cooked my brakes and found its limits. If I had gone out then I would have been back to my grasstrack roots!

That won't happen now thanks to Santa..... :whistle:

Skillen
19-11-14, 11:22 PM
Indeed not! However after the last track day I decided to sit out the last session as I cooked my brakes and found its limits. If I had gone out then I would have been back to my grasstrack roots!

That won't happen now thanks to Santa..... :whistle:

What's cominge brake-wise then?

stamford
20-11-14, 10:56 AM
What's cominge brake-wise then?

All in good time ;)

MG ZS STE
20-11-14, 08:15 PM
If you had to get towed wouldn't it damage the front bumper? I needed to get my old zs recovered after the oil cooler pipes failed and they winched it onto the recover truck backwards because the front bumper was in the way. That was fine on the road outside my house but imagine if it had of been on the motorway they'd have had no choice but to go front first.

stamford
20-11-14, 09:13 PM
It does run close but they managed last time by using ramps at the rear to level the car up.

Skillen
20-11-14, 09:43 PM
Mine worked fine all the way home :/