PDA

View Full Version : Mot Question

SIG
01-02-08, 06:44 AM
Anyone Fitted An Xpower Backbox And Gone For An Mot? Did It Pass Or Fail On Noise Or Emmissions?

Mat C
01-02-08, 09:37 AM
Had my MOT 3 weeks ago. I have twin Xpowers and a 100 cell sports cat fitted. My car passed with flying colours and the emissions were cleaner than a standard car !

ian zs180
01-02-08, 10:19 AM
just having the xpower back box fitted shouldnt do anything to your emmissions anyway after all its only a back box you havent messed with the cat and as for the noise i,m sure its well within the legal limits . I have a xpower back box on mine went though the mot no problem

arwilson80
01-02-08, 11:37 AM
Back box i don't think will have any adverse effect... After all the 2 'cats' are what remove the 'bad stuff' and that is done before it get anywhere near the back box.

KevG
01-02-08, 11:56 AM
I dont have a sports cat I have de-cat pipe and mine passed with flying colours too.

SIG
01-02-08, 12:17 PM
Thanks Guys. Wasn't Sure As It Is Different To Bike Mot Which Is No Louder Than A Standard Machine.

Mat C
01-02-08, 06:00 PM
I dont have a sports cat I have de-cat pipe and mine passed with flying colours too.

Kev, i wouldn't mind betting that yours is cleaner than mine. On another forum recently we compared 4 ZS180's MOT results. The cars tested were a standard ZS180, then exhaust system +200 cell cat' then mine and finaly one with a de-cat. The de-catted car was the cleanest, mine was 2nd, 200 cell 3rd and the standard car was 4th ! How bizzarre eh ?!

Maxfly
02-02-08, 12:28 AM
Kev, i wouldn't mind betting that yours is cleaner than mine. On another forum recently we compared 4 ZS180's MOT results. The cars tested were a standard ZS180, then exhaust system +200 cell cat' then mine and finaly one with a de-cat. The de-catted car was the cleanest, mine was 2nd, 200 cell 3rd and the standard car was 4th ! How bizzarre eh ?!

That is weird, is that maybe do do with the fact a lot of people reckon clean burn was the better way to go for but cat was chosen:unsure:

arwilson80
03-02-08, 02:50 PM
That is bizarre... I guess that saves a few hunder £ for people who's CAT has just got screwed. :)

SimonMGZS
03-02-08, 04:19 PM
i have got a full stainless system right from the manifolds which includes sports cat,intermediate pipe and x power back box all from janspeed and it is going for a mot in a couple of weeks