PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers, Induction, etc WANTED

ZS Phil
15-12-14, 07:11 AM
Purchased a new toy yesterday, thread to follow... :happy:

In the mean time, I want the "usual" mods as follows:

ITG/ CDA induction set up
Coilovers (decent ones ideally with spring rates suitable for track (the car is a v6))
Anything else you may have going such as manifolds, light weight fly, LSD etc

I have the standard parts to do a part exchange if that would help anybody to free up a bit of cash just before xmas and allow you to keep your car on the road.

:thankyou:

Mark S
15-12-14, 08:15 AM
have seat frames for bucket seats

ZS Phil
15-12-14, 08:27 AM
Tell me more mark.

Is it a pair?
What make?
Are they adjustable?
FIA approved?
Side or base mount?
What makes of seat are they compatible with?
Any pics?

Thanks

Lukeus101
15-12-14, 10:33 AM
OOOOO Phil...need some pics asap ;)

talkingcars
15-12-14, 04:33 PM
Intriguing......

TBH I'm not convinced the front dark ice strut brace will do much as it has a right angle in the middle that will flex but that is the subject of another thread.

FIA approved? Are you going for a race series?

petet16
15-12-14, 04:52 PM
Is it a Silver mk2 ?

I've got one of the DI strut bars, I'm not convinced it does much tbh.

Mark S
15-12-14, 07:48 PM
fia approved? didn't know side mounts had fia approval.

they meet msa regs tho.

let me know if that enough before I go to the hassle of what they are.

M17TT180
15-12-14, 08:35 PM
Is it a Silver mk2 ?

I've got one of the DI strut bars, I'm not convinced it does much tbh.

Looks pretty tho. :)

ZS Phil
15-12-14, 09:42 PM
I have downloaded the regs for the Cockshoot cup and they say MSA safety regs are the standard... so if you could tell me what I'm dealing with Mark? I'm certainly interested but if you want to sell them I need to know what I'm buying.

When I get a bit more time over xmas I'll start a proper thread. I've only got crappy pics a the minute as it was throwing it down after I purchased it.

Its not a MK2, no :)

Not going for a race series straight away, need to get some track experience first of all and get the appropriate paperwork.
It is however a possibility in the next couple of years so I wanted to build it to the spec of class C cars in the Cockshoot cup so the option is there in the future.

Mark S
15-12-14, 10:02 PM
I see, these were used on a car that ran in the cockshoot and I can also supply some brand new side mounts the same as was used by the same car later in the cockshoot, both options pass msa scrutineering, the used set allows forward to back sliding of the seat but this comes with a weight penalty whereas the b new ones are fixed (with bolt in adjustment only) but are much lighter, both fix direct to the std zs seat mounts, so no fab work needed.
pm me your email address if you want pics.

both mount to side mount std width seats, such as recaro or corbeau, but not to mickey mouse steel frame buckets like the mcdonanlds drive through kids puts in their corsa's

the cockshoot cars are getting quite fast these days, its no longer a walkover entering that series!

ZS Phil
18-12-14, 06:10 PM
Still looking for the following:

ITG/ CDA induction set up
Coilovers.
Seat subframes should be on their way :)

sneekyparrot
19-12-14, 06:56 AM
Phil,

get yourself on some of the facebook forums, there is always stuff coming up for sale. Guy was selling complete janspeed system other day with manifold for £550 which was a steal. i will try and look back but with all the pages of ***** i get i my not be able to ;-/

P.

sneekyparrot
19-12-14, 07:25 AM
Found it
https://www.facebook.com/groups/614131415285404/permalink/880978548600688/

ZS Phil
19-12-14, 09:13 AM
Good idea, thanks for that :)
Im a member of the ZS owners group on facebook but had no idea there was a separate selling page. I've requested to join and I'll pop my wanted up there too.
I'd only really be interested in the manis as I have the rest of the system but thanks for the link, I may see if he will split.

ZS Phil
30-12-14, 09:57 AM
Found it
https://www.facebook.com/groups/614131415285404/permalink/880978548600688/

Got in touch with him, it's still on the car!
He wants £450 just for the manis or £550 ono for the lot.
Explained to him I could buy the manis direct from Janspeed for £450... still waiting on a reply.
Not sure I'll get one to be honest.

Still looking...

ZS Phil
12-01-15, 08:12 AM
Too many clowns on facebook...

People reply saying they have the part, you ask them for more details and a price and never get back to you!

Even had a few lunatics giving me abuse for selling a door handle for £12 posted first class. Apparently that makes me a "ripoff merchant" and "one to watch". Don't need that kind of abuse... James Raby if anybody knows him?

Actually got to me a bit.

Anyway,

I ended up purchasing a brand new CDA 85-150 (got it for £165 delivered next day if anybody wants the details?).
As you know, Im working on a custom hose which should be available to everybody in the near future I hope.

That still leaves me with coilovers and any other juicy bits anybody has in their shed...

Let me know :)

Skillen
12-01-15, 08:56 AM
Sure James raby was a member on here as I recognise the name.
As for the handle thing, everybody wants something for nothing these days and are quick to tar everybody with the same brush and tbh most that post there know nothing about the marque apart from HGF and that they picked up a bargain. I'd say those not affiliated with a forum are the ones to watch.

Still have those coilovers in my shed + spare heavier poundage springs so depending on how my priorities take me over the next few months I'll see if I get round to a refurb on them as I still need belts renewed and cams fitted and I have two heads I want to port lol. That and wanting the roof done and windscreen fitted means an expensive couple months before PoL.

ZS Phil
12-01-15, 09:16 AM
There were guys chirping up literally saying I should have sent it for free and by not doing so I'm a crook :sly:

In the next breath they will be asking why their cars are worth next to nothing.

Anyway, I digress.

Sell me your coilovers (I'll even pay more than the postage cost unlike our facebook friends)!!

If you can confirm the damping adjusters turn and there are no leaks, I can refurb the rest.

If you do need a bit of cash to get the other jobs done, its waiting right here :trampoline:

Skillen
12-01-15, 05:06 PM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/member.php?u=2280
Thought he was a member here.

And then in the next breath they will try and break their cars for stupid money.

Ill see how I get on. Gonna have to look into the prices and try and get the belts done as I'm really playing with Fire now!