PDA

View Full Version : ZS numbers for sale.

Dan1971
28-12-14, 02:23 PM
Only 47 for sale on the bay of E.... I remember posting ages ago when the numbers dropped to under 100.

Availability of these cars is getting to a stage where I might actually start agreeing with seller comments like "rarely available" .... Especially if a potential buyer was looking for a decent Mk2.

mattyprice4004
28-12-14, 02:34 PM
Having just struggled to find a decent Mk2 with 180 kit (diesel) I'll agree with you - not too many about now!

Mark S
28-12-14, 03:10 PM
there's plenty of half-heads about who think they'll make more money breaking them, but after a few weeks, once the easy stuff has sold like the wheels and alcantara, they soon realise scrap is 60quid per ton and its not worth the effort then sell the part stripped car for a couple of hundred.
Sad really.

WXM Matty
28-12-14, 04:22 PM
there's plenty of half-heads about who think they'll make more money breaking them, but after a few weeks, once the easy stuff has sold like the wheels and alcantara, they soon realise scrap is 60quid per ton and its not worth the effort then sell the part stripped car for a couple of hundred.
Sad really.

But when you cant sell a mk2 ZS with full 180 kit, 11 spokes, saloon extreme spoiler modified for hatch, rear head rests, dvd player with a broken engine for £500 why wouldn't you sell parts and scrap?

daytona365
28-12-14, 05:34 PM
When they all gone, then I can say "told you so, should have kept it"
Im keeping mine.............................................. ...................................

Mark S
28-12-14, 06:20 PM
But when you cant sell a mk2 ZS with full 180 kit, 11 spokes, saloon extreme spoiler modified for hatch, rear head rests, dvd player with a broken engine for £500 why wouldn't you sell parts and scrap?

bit different if it has a broken engine!

pheelay
28-12-14, 08:08 PM
bit different if it has a broken engine!

Stick a 1.4 in and sell it to the paddys! There's a firefrost ZS identical to mine, but with double the mileage just gone up for sale in my neighborhood for 3000€ (£2350). Interested to see if it sells at the price.. There can't be more than a couple dozen left over here.

stamford
29-12-14, 07:33 AM
I have also noticed the decline. However this time of year we can't be reading too much into the numbers. Pistonheads only having 2 and Autotrader 59 still seems lower than it used to be.

M17TT180
29-12-14, 09:27 AM
There are a few for sale on Facebook too. Seems to be more popular as its free.

Gott
29-12-14, 11:14 AM
When they all gone, then I can say "told you so, should have kept it"
Im keeping mine.............................................. ...................................

Yeah, my Dad and Grandad told me the same thing. The likes of their Montego Turbo, Metro Turbo, Dolly Sprint, endless variations of the Mini have all gone now.

I won't be making the same mistake.