PDA

View Full Version : MOT Failed

MG ZS STE
20-01-15, 10:25 AM
MOT Today and failed! Not bad though, 2 tyres but what did surprise me was my DRL’s. because they blink with the indicator he said it should be amber.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=26863

He told me to just disconnect them for the MOT then connect them back up after the retest. Think I’m probably going to go back to standard headlights in the spring and stick these ones on ebay.

stamford
20-01-15, 11:20 AM
A ZS fails an MOT, hold the front page!

Not something we hear of that often but tyres? No car should fail on tyres, we should see that well before and replace!

MG ZS STE
20-01-15, 11:42 AM
i know i know, thats more a ZS owner fail. To be fair i had a spare on which is now an MOT fail and another one wasnt even round. The examiner tells me it was obvious when up in the air and you turned it. I just though the wheel was a little out of balance.

Had to go for a couple of mid-range tyres this time as couldnt get Avons at short notice. Plus, Avons havent been great tyres for me. had a couple now blow out and now one shaped like a duck egg!

What a difference new rubber makes ay.

stamford
20-01-15, 11:58 AM
I found Avon's in the past go out of shape, not uncommon on other brands but more to do with age than anything else especially if the car isn't doing many miles.

R8NMG
22-01-15, 04:58 PM
MOT Today and failed! Not bad though, 2 tyres but what did surprise me was my DRL’s. because they blink with the indicator he said it should be amber.

I don't really know the rules of DRL, just had a Google, interesting stuff.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/daytime-running-lights.html

mattyprice4004
08-02-15, 01:51 PM
This reminds me, I really (really!) need to chuck some decent rubber on my ZS.
I have Uniglory and Autoguard at the moment, and all this damp weather has certainly made for an interesting driving experience.

redzs
08-02-15, 07:45 PM
My original Dunlop's went out of shape on the rear, but not on the front.

On Pirelli's now :smile1:

top_man_eldo
08-02-15, 07:54 PM
I had Falken ZE912s, a good tyre for the price. Got some ZE914s after that on the back, and Bridgestone Potenzas on the front. The Falkens are good in the wet as well. It was a dice up between them and Uniroyal Rainsports.

MG ZS STE
08-02-15, 08:22 PM
the ones i went for are goodride. not sure what model but they feel better than the pirellis.