http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/fatrob_2008/CIMG0165.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/fatrob_2008/CIMG0164.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/fatrob_2008/CIMG0163.jpg:icecream:

afcbadam
03-02-08, 10:02 PM
needs a spoiler

markyzs180
03-02-08, 10:10 PM
looking goood....at 55p a litre you need never lift that right foot either :greedy:

stamford
03-02-08, 10:10 PM
That's a bum steer, it's nothing like your avvie!

Is it the same car? :laugh:

sduk
03-02-08, 10:14 PM
nice car mate, best colour :D not a fan of the stickers or the skull and bones but each to their own :)

i like the black wheels and it actually suits the lip spoiler and no large one, makes it look very streetracer/sleeper ish :D

got any more plans for it? whats that on the rear nearside of your rear bumper mate?

papa_lazaroo
03-02-08, 10:15 PM
It is the same car, Bought it standard, now it's got a M-Power back box (MK1 so the tail is shorter.......I like it that way), It has a chromed induction system, wolfrace Yakuza wheels, and a damned fine LPG system.

I agree, needs a wing.

the skull and cross bone, is high chrome with diamonds, and at work they call it "Ozzy", as it comes from Brum, and looks like the prince of darkness. I just love the naked rear.

sduk
03-02-08, 10:18 PM
cool! whats that on the rear nearside of your rear bumper mate?

arwilson80
03-02-08, 10:23 PM
LPG filler cap i think Sammy...

papa_lazaroo
03-02-08, 10:24 PM
thats the LPG cap, had it in the plastic, so as not to drill the bumper...... No rust in a years time.

I agree about the back end looking sly/sleeper ish.

We have several tunnels in Brum, took it through for the first time yesterday... Had to give it some. Shame I had the mother in law in the car, but she seemed to like the roar, coming in through my window, with the artic blast:yikes:

arwilson80
03-02-08, 10:26 PM
TBH i'm not a fan of the stickers or 'skull and crossbones' either but it's your car. The wheels are OK, but there is something wierd looking about them i think. Not sure what it is though.

papa_lazaroo
03-02-08, 10:30 PM
needs a spoiler

worth bearing in mind, the "Extreme" spoiler looks ace, but it costs you 3mpg, for the 40 kg downforce at 70mph, so at 23-28MPG, I am happy to take the extra 3 MPG.

shroonie29
03-02-08, 10:48 PM
worth bearing in mind, the "Extreme" sp costs you 3mpg, for the 40 kg downforce at 70mph.

Is that the actual figure?Just out of interest :)

Shroon

john180
03-02-08, 10:57 PM
TBH i'm not a fan of the stickers or 'skull and crossbones' either but it's your car. The wheels are OK, but there is something wierd looking about them i think. Not sure what it is though.

I'm with Mr W on this one. I'm not sure of any of your mods but if you like em then thats cool!:smile2:

arwilson80
04-02-08, 09:38 AM
worth bearing in mind, the "Extreme" spoiler looks ace, but it costs you 3mpg, for the 40 kg downforce at 70mph, so at 23-28MPG, I am happy to take the extra 3 MPG.

I'll take the extra 40 Kg downforce. :)

papa_lazaroo
04-02-08, 09:44 AM
When Rover were working on the "official" performance figures, they ran a car without a rear wing, and without wipers and Mirrors, they thought the Drag was worth 5 mph.

Personally, as an old f@rt. I don't think that anything over about 110MPH is relevant to me, as the likely hood of me reaching 139 or 144mph, is less than 1%.

I think that by summer, the car will look different again. Currently, it seems to suit the
Music that comes belting out of it........ Artic monkeys, Kooks, Futons, whitesnake, nickleback etc etc.

papa_lazaroo
04-02-08, 09:52 AM
Interestingly, no-one commented on the silver grill mesh in the MK2 grill, I think it looks better than the factory black (only painted top mesh, below bumper mesh still black). I tried it red, bot it looked like my car had a nose bleed.

arwilson80
04-02-08, 10:23 AM
I never noticed that the colour was different. :)

sarah
04-02-08, 11:25 AM
hmmm not my cup of tea mate, it looks odd without the spoiler, the wheels not keen on, and the stickers no no!

but its what you like wich matters.

Maxfly
05-02-08, 08:05 AM
i quite like the wee lip spoiler, reckon the skull would be better if it actually was on a badge octagon shaped, just looks a bit too 'stuck' on the now. lovely and clean though:)

Southern Storm
06-02-08, 12:47 PM
Wicked mate. First truly controversial car of the site. In some ways I think hmmmm where you going with that? But most of me says. Cool. Really quite street/Rat look. Black and white chequered roof on it perhaps.

Maxxed_Ross
06-02-08, 01:06 PM
like most of that, but the Halfords graphic stack lets it down IMO, especially since it clearly doesn't have some of the brands fitted!

I always liked black without the spoiler, it suits it

papa_lazaroo
06-02-08, 05:59 PM
The mrs told me today that of all of my cars over the last 20 years (Mercs BMW-5's, Rover 600's and Audi a-6's), this one is the one she feels less at ease driving. She said that she feels like, if the car could talk, it would tell her that she is not the cars owner, and she should get out. ( I think she is slightly mad).

The Chrome stickers are probably coming off,as soon as the temp increases. (in the cold, they are a 8itch to get off as they don't flex, they just break up into a million pieces).
The Skull is going to move, if this site ever pulls it together on the chrome X-power badges that we have been teased with.

Had the car in the tunnel at work (Wind tunnel) the Lip spoiler generates 26 KG of downforce at 100mph, so the difference between the 2 in Effect is minimal, But I agree the visual effect of the extreme spoiler is better. I just object to paying some t055er at a breakers more for the spoiler than he bought the car for at the salvage auction. Old synical me eh?

Anyone like the phrase on my number plate under the reg? I had some young cockney lad with a Mondeo tell me at the services the other day, that his st200 (Does ST stand for Stupid Tw@t?) was quicker than my Zed. I told him I doubted it, but like his Mrs, His car was uglier than mine. He disappeared in a cloud of wheel spin.