PDA

View Full Version : Random question: ZS Coupe

skyblueads
09-03-15, 07:15 PM
Has anyone ever considered building a ZS coupe, based on the Civic coupe? Wondered how much the Civic hatch and Coupe share and if the ZS' front end would fit?

http://www.fatfreecars.co.uk/Pictures/VTI_Coupe_03.jpg

Just a random one...

stamford
09-03-15, 07:22 PM
Another one that should have been.

petet16
09-03-15, 07:22 PM
Interesting idea

GalleyZS
09-03-15, 07:32 PM
Would have been awesome as an original factory car.

It should work though, maybe some modifications to rear bumper and clever body work if you wanted ZS rear lights but take it to a chassis and build from bones and it should be achievable, though potentially time consuming.

Myself to make it more MG would have to fit a K-series, i'd go turbo 1.8 200bhp spec ofcourse.

skyblueads
09-03-15, 07:36 PM
I'd agree - the K Series would have to go in. MkII and bodykit would be cracking. Hmm...

Mark S
09-03-15, 07:51 PM
hope you mean the honda k series!!!

redzs
09-03-15, 08:03 PM
I'm certain Rover engineers would have conceived a prettier skin for their derivative.

Something sharper and more dynamic, every Rover model was more attractive than their
Honda counterpart.

GalleyZS
09-03-15, 08:04 PM
hope you mean the honda k series!!!

No chance the mighty, under appreciated ROVER K-16 in 1800 Turbo variation.

skyblueads
09-03-15, 08:10 PM
I'm certain Rover engineers would have conceived a prettier skin for their derivative.

Something sharper and more dynamic, every Rover model was more attractive than their
Honda counterpart.

Amen to that. I passed a Civic in my ZS today and the contrast between the two is stunning!

LukeZS96
09-03-15, 08:59 PM
I don't think it would work I'm not 100% but the Civic that was to 400's counterpart (actually called the Domani just badged as a Civic in Europe) was the MB5 and the coupe was the EK chassis. I don't think the parts would be as easily interchangeable as they would be for the Aerodeck to make the 45 Tourer

GalleyZS
09-03-15, 09:48 PM
I don't think it would work I'm not 100% but the Civic that was to 400's counterpart (actually called the Domani just badged as a Civic in Europe) was the MB5 and the coupe was the EK chassis. I don't think the parts would be as easily interchangeable as they would be for the Aerodeck to make the 45 Tourer

Guess it would have to be a ZR coupe then, so not as much point as they already come in 3 door.

LukeZS96
09-03-15, 09:59 PM
It could be done on a standard ZS saloon if you were handy enough with a welder

Ricwin
09-03-15, 10:31 PM
A ZS coupe based on the Civic coupe is something I have pondered over alot for the last 3 years. However they are too different for it to be a simple bolt-on sort of jobby (like the Civic 'Aerodeck' estate which can look awesome as a ZS estate).