PDA

View Full Version : Driving roads.

daytona365
21-04-15, 07:56 PM
Now the ZED is a great handling car, and it deserves a gr8 road to put a massive grin on your face.........There is a promotion on at the moment, from Continental tyres, buy two or more and you get a free hotel stay on a gr8 road...Well you dont have to buy anything to enjoy yourself. Go on the website and just look at the maps of the roads....Im planning on trying all the english and welsh ones...

Site is www.continentalroadtrip.com.:clap::clap::clap: (https://www.continentalroadtrip.com/)

slacko
22-04-15, 09:54 AM
Good offer but have you seen the price?? no wonder they're giving a free hotel room in with it. By the way, the link isn't working

R8NMG
22-04-15, 10:12 AM
I need 2 Conti Sport Contact 5 on the front but will probably find somewhere cheaper.

petet16
22-04-15, 11:25 AM
It's not just me the link doesn't work for then :unsure:

R8NMG
22-04-15, 12:56 PM
It's not just me the link doesn't work for then :unsure:

The link didn't work because it included all the clapping smilies as part of the link. Stamford fixed it now anyway.

petet16
22-04-15, 02:58 PM
Camskill can supply for about £95 a corner.

R8NMG
22-04-15, 03:08 PM
Camskill can supply for about £95 a corner.

Not a bad price that but having to find somebody willing to fit.

I found fitted price is around £120 a corner.

talkingcars
22-04-15, 04:39 PM
Go on Blackcircles and check out the local fitters that work for them.
Most of them will fit your own tyres for around £15.

talkingcars
22-04-15, 04:40 PM
I did check out the website but it doesn't seem to give details of the roads.

WalkerDnB
22-04-15, 06:17 PM
I normally buy nankangs on ebay under £100 for 2 and there great tyres for the money.

If you want branded then tyres on the drive are very cheap if they cover you area.

R8NMG
22-04-15, 06:29 PM
If you want branded then tyres on the drive are very cheap if they cover you area.

Good call £115 mobile fitting.

daytona365
22-04-15, 06:53 PM
I did check out the website but it doesn't seem to give details of the roads.

You havent delved deep enough

click on first yellow triangle, then next triangle then click on " choose road trip" then 3 boxes come up. click on any box then click on FIND PERFECT ROAD and there you are, a list of roads with maps....

talkingcars
22-04-15, 06:57 PM
You havent delved deep enough

click on first yellow triangle, then next triangle then click on " choose road trip" then 3 boxes come up. click on any box then click on FIND PERFECT ROAD and there you are, a list of roads with maps....

When I looked I found the list of roads but no maps.

daytona365
22-04-15, 07:03 PM
When I looked I found the list of roads but no maps.

Move you mouse over the picture on right, should show up map...does on mine...Looked up all 9 and downloaded the ones Im doing in the summer.

LozMachine
22-04-15, 07:12 PM
Some good'uns on there. Any that would be any good for a group run?

daytona365
22-04-15, 07:59 PM
Some good'uns on there. Any that would be any good for a group run?

Now thats a plan????:trampoline:

talkingcars
22-04-15, 08:54 PM
Ok, got the maps to work.

There are some good routes there but I think the best one would be the Buttertubs Pass, 5.6 miles.

Some of those routes would make a good run for someone on their own, indeed I have done some of thembut unfortunatly they are either tourist routes so slow and busy or too short for a decent run or in Ireland so not good for a group.

The challange is for someone to put togeather a run that would suit the ZS with a decent eatery at each end.