PDA

View Full Version : Sprintex charger

thered180
23-04-15, 11:46 AM
Would any one happen to know where I can get a sprintex supercharger kit for my mk1 180. Ive got a second car that i use for work now so I can start having a play with the ZS. Im trying to get rid of the plastic inlet manifold as i really dont like it and I was thinking a supercharger might be the route to take for some extra oomph. Any other ideas are welcome. :)

Skillen
23-04-15, 12:07 PM
Not many about and most not being sold.
Heard about one about £4k on the PoL thread that Nathan (cruizer) had mentioned it to someone.

May look plug and play but be prepared for a lot of work and money to get it to run well and reliably.

Deckz
23-04-15, 12:32 PM
Good luck.

adam
23-04-15, 12:50 PM
Would the Eaton charger be an alternative route, like the ZS-X was destined for?

petet16
23-04-15, 02:37 PM
The Eaton blower would be lot more cost effective, but I think you'd need after market management to run it

How much power are you aiming for

sneekyparrot
24-04-15, 06:44 AM
Good luck.

Understatement HAHA :rofl:

tbh bud the only way you will get one is to wait and see if one comes up for sale. Only a handfull around and mine went abroad.

As pete pointed out thet are not straight forward and require a huge input in both time and money to get running properly.
I know where there is one running with 255fwhp but i doubt he would sell it as no one was prepared to meet his asking price. But the car has had around 10k ploughed into it to get it running that way.

P.

thered180
24-04-15, 08:03 AM
Hmmm, id like to keep the v6. All i am after really is a little more go. Ive owned the car 6 years now and ive kind of got used to the old girl. So now ive got another car for work, id like to keep her as a project and im not worried about totally stripping the engine as ive no time limit. Thanks for the advice gents. Maybe its better to go down the na route and just enjoy the car aye. Can good performance gains be had using the plastic manifold? Id like a bit more mid range ideally.

Mark S
24-04-15, 09:09 AM
Can good performance gains be had using the plastic manifold? Id like a bit more mid range ideally.

not really, the whole intake system is kak, you would need to remove or relocated the alternator, pas pump first and start with a clean sheet from the heads up.
Its an engine where you would go round in a big circle fixing each weak point then finally realise the whole thing is weak and was never worth it.

Mild tuning is fine tho, it is a big lazy v6 that can be made to give a fat chunk of power (mean average of 160bhp at the hubs) between 5000-7000, it may not sound much in numbers, (but numbers cars aren't always fast) but it makes a lovely drivable motor with great reliability.

Deckz
24-04-15, 09:10 AM
Pull out the V6 and drop in a t series turbo or even a 1.8t vag engine.

MG ZS STE
24-04-15, 12:00 PM
I'm sure Steve still has his BTCC throttle bodies if you fancied a bit of a project. And you wouldn't need as deep pockets then if you went the SC route.

MG ZS STE
24-04-15, 12:17 PM
Just been through his for sale thread and it doesnt look like it sold. And its not BTCC TBs but a CF intake manifold but he did get good power from it.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=28516

Stev180
24-04-15, 05:20 PM
All I know is that they are impossible to get hold of and the total work is very expensive if you do get hold of a kit! Best of luck if you do go for the conversion.

thered180
26-04-15, 09:26 AM
Thank you for all the feedback guys. I think i will take Marks advice and just make it into a good all rounder. Id love to drop the VAG lump in, but i think it would be a massive job. Plus i already have an A4 turbo so it might be a bit pointless. haha :)

sneekyparrot
26-04-15, 09:57 AM
Thank you for all the feedback guys. I think i will take Marks advice and just make it into a good all rounder. Id love to drop the VAG lump in, but i think it would be a massive job. Plus i already have an A4 turbo so it might be a bit pointless. haha :)

The 1.8t would of made a superb choice is the install kit could of been made a little more competitive price wise. But as i have found you cant just bang 300+ hp thru stock ZS and expect it not to complain.

I have had to re do pretty much everything bar the mounts / adaptor kit, not because it was done wrong to start with just the condition when i got my hands on it. Thing were also done to keep the costs down to a sensible amounts

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee383/sneekyparrot/Reyland%20ZS/7A441AF6-0A88-4017-9722-B8AC2B282AA0.jpg

Now i have another zs180 i do luv the v6 on full chat but considering the last one i had was pushing 240+ it feels a little lacking. mind you i need to sort intake / vis motors and fit the decat which should add some back.

brakes are ***** :yikes: