PDA

View Full Version : 180 on fb

petet16
27-04-15, 09:10 AM
Breaking on fb, still has 4 months mot, worn ball joint needs replacing, Yellow, minor scuffs to the paintwork. £600 takes it :no:

In other news I'm breaking both my zs's, one because I found a dust cap missing, and the other because I had to add some oil which obviously means the engine is shot. :whistle:

stamford
27-04-15, 09:58 AM
My fuel tank is nearly empty, shall I sell it or break it? I am having a real dilemma seeing as it isn't yellow, is it worth anything? :judge:

adam
27-04-15, 10:12 AM
Got some dirt on mine when I drove it at the weekend. Offers for parts?!

petet16
27-04-15, 10:16 AM
Break it :whistle::p:p

And that's another thing both the zs use petrol, that can't be normal can it

I've got some dirt on mine as well, I'm sure if I drove a bland Eurobox I wouldn't be having all these problems

Skillen
27-04-15, 10:54 AM
My brothers polo doesn't have any of these problems.
Doesn't even get dirty, and it's white!

I'll take your grey saloon bumpers cheers Pete.
Shame it has to come to it Pete. But I understand times are hard and they're a rare but those caps. That's why people steal them I guess.

stamford
27-04-15, 11:20 AM
Jesus, dirt! Washing them is now cat D.

petet16
27-04-15, 11:21 AM
Circling Vultures spring to mind, I'm hoping I can find a new dust cap in the breakers :-D

Smokey
27-04-15, 11:27 AM
A bird shat on mine today. I presume that's the paint ruined and I'll need to break mine too? It also can't get Radio 5 Live so I'm assuming it can't be saved?

stamford
27-04-15, 11:28 AM
I may have a spare but sending it would be too costly what with the insurance cover needed seeing how expensive they are. :pimp:

petet16
27-04-15, 11:31 AM
I'd break for bird crap, I mean there's the time involved in getting a bucket of water, then the actual washing it off, it all adds up.

Smokey
27-04-15, 01:50 PM
But the bucket will cost more than the value of the car?! I could borrow a bucket I guess but seems like a lot of work!

petet16
27-04-15, 01:53 PM
I understand your dilemma.

Skillen
27-04-15, 02:07 PM
Anyone up for burning my car out? It was rattling all the way home and I'm sure a bush has gone.

ZS
27-04-15, 02:39 PM
I read this thread and decided to go and look at my ZS to see if it was still ok... Well I notice that one of the washer jets is gunked up and no longer sprays water, whilst I could just stick a pin in the hole I think that is too much hassle, so I'm going to break the car instead!

Smokey
27-04-15, 02:50 PM
A pin! Have you factored in the cost of the pin, plus the time and fuel sourcing such a specific tool for the job? Be easier braking it, good decision!

john180
27-04-15, 03:10 PM
What really annoys me is that I'm going to be spending more money in the not too distant future on paint for my car than these people are selling them for!

stamford
27-04-15, 03:22 PM
What really annoys me is that I'm going to be spending more money in the not too distant future on paint for my car than these people are selling them for!

Thought it was cars........................:whistle:

You sure will, hate to think the cost per litre at todays prices!

adam
27-04-15, 03:23 PM
Think I spent more on bushes than most of these cars sell for :rofl:

ZS
27-04-15, 03:24 PM

Tell me about it!! The paint I've just purchased for my car costs over £40 for 500ml bottles! (only got that small a bottle so far for test purposes) so imagine how much its going to cost to cover the entire car... Plus I need a base coat and then another few colours on top of all that for the actual artwork, then a decent clear coat ;) Damn this car is getting pampered :whistle: