PDA

View Full Version : 130 Miles mixed driving Petrol Drinker

hansligg
27-04-15, 10:25 AM
In my 180 topped tank up with £50 which seemed to give me almost a full tank (pin was over full)

Travelled 130 Miles of mixed country roads and motorway including a little play with a random XPG mk2 Saloon.

when I got home tank was 3/5 full so I had used 2/5 of a full tank.

now i dont know about you but i was expecting to use a little less than this, but the petrol pin was fluctuating from above half to 3/5 mark.

Would you say this was normal petrol usage?

R8NMG
27-04-15, 10:45 AM
Hard to say as your method of calculating is very crude. Considering you put £50 in the tank, adding another £5 might have given you a full tank to work on.

Less than full tank and above half way for 130 miles sounds roughly about right to me.

Skillen
27-04-15, 10:45 AM
I average with mixed driving with cams, manifolds back and ITG around 29MPG.
Before the cams etc. I got around the same. But with a fast weekend it's at the lower end of the 20's
So if you can convert to a MPG figure then we'll have a better indication.

petet16
27-04-15, 11:27 AM
A more accurate guide is to brim the tank until the nozzle clicks, note the mileage, drive it, then brim it again and note the mileage and the amount of fuel added, high twenties / low thirties would be about right imo.

talkingcars
27-04-15, 05:04 PM
A more accurate guide is to brim the tank until the nozzle clicks, note the mileage, drive it, then brim it again and note the mileage and the amount of fuel added, high twenties / low thirties would be about right imo.

This is what I do but using www.fuelly.com .

The MG Rover gauge is not very accurate, mine can be touching the red mark but still have a fifth of a tank left.

daytona365
27-04-15, 06:23 PM
All depends on the right foot.....Now you say country roads and a little play. In my book that is ZS FUN territory and that means just one thing GULP GULP. If you want to drive economically then 55 on a motorway, and try to stay awake lol....I know which I prefer, even if my wallet doesnt.