PDA

View Full Version : drivers door handle help

can i fix it
27-05-15, 06:52 AM
ok drivers door handle on the monogram needs to come off but on this one there is a metal plate so can you get the back of the lock off to get it to go through the plate
thanks
gary

peterzs
27-05-15, 10:10 AM
Hi, dont know to be honest, but found this on Xpower, might help.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=29077

BRMFUN
27-05-15, 07:47 PM
Without looking at the link, i believe you have to remove the plate first, it's an any theft device! I think I ended up dropping the whole latch mechanism
Down to help get access, I also did not bother putting the plate back in as the handles are so poor it's just a matter of time before it breaks again, its awkward but keep at it! :laugh:

can i fix it
28-05-15, 04:07 PM
thanks you both
peter i found the ling but only looked at first page then read the hole lot and saw there is a clip looked on the car yet lol

peterzs
28-05-15, 04:34 PM
Hope its sorted.

:):):)

can i fix it
29-05-15, 10:08 PM
will be next week now long list to do so will have to wait lol

ian zs180
30-05-15, 09:30 AM
Cant belive how poor these handles are ive had all mine done about 4 years ago and all but one have stayed ok the nearside rear has just started to come away again . Gary off xpf did mine for me and he did do a cracking job on them I think he put a link on xpf on how to repair them . Wonder if the Honda ones are as poor as the rover ones would be intresting to know coz Honda do have the reputation of being very good motors .

dida4g
31-05-15, 10:44 AM
Cant belive how poor these handles are ive had all mine done about 4 years ago and all but one have stayed ok the nearside rear has just started to come away again . Gary off xpf did mine for me and he did do a cracking job on them I think he put a link on xpf on how to repair them . Wonder if the Honda ones are as poor as the rover ones would be intresting to know coz Honda do have the reputation of being very good motors .

The Honda ones are better quality, the difference is night and day.
I had a full set painted up with my bonnet and bumper, removed the plates too as they just add rust in the mix.
TBH I've never read or heard of a Honda item breaking.
MK1 crv also has the same handles.

M17TT180
31-05-15, 11:52 AM
Got some rover 200 or 400 ones I think, they were much better quaility too.

petet16
31-05-15, 11:53 AM
As above the Honda handles are a much better design, the threaded insert is moulded into a much more substantial area of plastic, and is much less likely to come adrift in use.

talkingcars
01-06-15, 06:59 AM
The Rover 200 handles are a completely different design pulling up and not out so wont fit.

I tried getting both Honda Civic and Rover 400 handles off cars in the scrappy, every one I tried, and there must have been at least 10, the nut had rusted on and pulled the spline out of the handle.

Also the pull section is ribbed on the inside which isn't as nice to the touch.

I got a mix of Honda and Rover handles new from eBay, buying the best value (read cheapest) regardless of colour, removed the pull, resprayed the base and was going to refit the pull from the handles on the car but scrapped the car so the handles are waiting respraying to match FE54.