PDA

View Full Version : Master cyl woes

ShireRoller
30-05-15, 06:53 PM
Tootle'in about this evening an the clutch master decided to snap off the bulkhead.
Jolly good show.

Looks like that Dark Ice kits getting ordered sooner than I thought...

lawrence-zs180
30-05-15, 09:10 PM
At a set of lights... That's the usual party trick haha

JZS
31-05-15, 06:40 AM
Had it happen to me in an old Hyundai at a junction in Dublin city centre. had to push the car through the junction so we could push her onto the side of the road.... in our gym shorts. T'was a sight to behold. Fuel Pump went in a Mac Donalds drive through as well... Good riddance to it haha

ShireRoller
31-05-15, 09:33 AM
It was at a T junction at my town!
Quickly turned it off then started it in gear, Rev matching to change Gear.
One of my friends around the corner has a full hydralic system i need to take off today an swap. Hopefully be back on the road in no time!

talkingcars
01-06-15, 06:39 AM
Had it happen to me in an old Hyundai at a junction in Dublin city centre. had to push the car through the junction so we could push her onto the side of the road.... in our gym shorts. T'was a sight to behold. Fuel Pump went in a Mac Donalds drive through as well... Good riddance to it haha

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I guess the moral of the story is to get dressed properly to drive your car, and to go to decent restaurants where they park your car for you, it is an MG you know! (said in posh English school voice) ;)

James

talkingcars
01-06-15, 06:45 AM
It was at a T junction at my town!
Quickly turned it off then started it in gear, Rev matching to change Gear.
One of my friends around the corner has a full hydralic system i need to take off today an swap. Hopefully be back on the road in no time!

I drove mine home last summer about 30 miles doing the clutchless changing after my slave went, not fun but is possible.

It is possible to split the master and slave at the joint in the hose but a little fiddly. You need to push the plastic ring in and hold it in while pulling the hose out, then again pushing the ring in push the other hose in - easier with two people but saves removing the slave as well if and the bracket are ok.

I did this about 10k miles ago and the master is still fine and the system still working.

ShireRoller
01-06-15, 12:39 PM
Changed both master an slave yesterday as one, then this morning the Throttle Position Sensor has duffed it... oh endless joys haha.

jaorton
01-06-15, 02:52 PM
Mine went in my mk 1...twice. On both occasions it would be the day before I had planned to take the mrs out (funnily enough)