PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe.

daytona365
01-06-15, 08:22 PM
Went to see the other half in Cardiff this weekend. Wont bore you with the story lol, just to say on way back sunday decided to pop in and see Castle Combe race track. Have always seen the brown signs on the exit of the M4. Well firstly it is quite a way from the motorway, in fact I thought Id got lost, until I saw the signs telling me I was on the right route.

Got there to find a steam rally on. The track is used for racing much! So knowing the way back, boy the country lanes on way back to the M4, were fab! Swooping bends, nice hairpins, straight bits...All a 180 needs to bring a grin to its owners face.... Im glad I decided to take the detour now. Every now and then you find a nice empty lane, and realise just HOW MUCH FUN THE ZS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

theboynoz
01-06-15, 08:47 PM
I nipped to the shops today, could have walked, got out with a beaming grin on my face!!! Doesn't matter of its a nice quiet A road and a 180, or nipping round the corner in the 120 the ZS delivers!

stamford
02-06-15, 07:01 AM
mgs-on-track are there next Monday 8th June.

splinter
02-06-15, 12:15 PM
Yep!!!! Looking forward to that. First time out in the 180.

Anyone else going?

stamford
02-06-15, 12:33 PM
I wanted to but as I am on holiday 2 days later spending money came first!

splinter
03-06-15, 06:40 PM
Shame, but yes would agree otherwise life would not be worth living :chop:

p_b82
05-06-15, 01:24 PM
There are some very nice B-roads that lead to castle combe... if you come off at bath instead, you can have some real fun, drops you into the circuit from the other side than the chipenham exit....

I learnt the various routes round there when I was commuting every day and the M4 was bad :)