PDA

View Full Version : Sidelight madness - help!

niknog
08-02-08, 07:58 AM
Now I know I will probably get ragged to high heaven for this, but how the h*ll do you get the bloody side light out of the passenger side headlight.:hmmm: I have had the car about a year and had to change dipped beam, rear brakes twice, reversing light but not the side lights. I have taken off the back plate but cannot see, to get enough of my hand in to turn or pull the bulb out. Do I need to take off the battery?

Please don't take the p**s too much!:(

Maxfly
08-02-08, 08:01 AM
not sure how different it is on mk1 zs's but it will be easier to remove battery but not absolutely neccessary:) find out exactly which lens the sidelight sits in by switcing it on and look where it is in the lens, then remove backplug an shine a torch in to see where you are aiming for and you should be able to get it :)

niknog
08-02-08, 08:16 AM
Thanks for that, I know which one it is in, I have taken the backplate off, but cannot get far enough in to the corner to get the bulb out. I will have to wait until tomorrow to get the battery off and sort it out.

Southern Storm
08-02-08, 10:20 AM
The only 2 ways i have found is to take the battery out or strip front bumper and remove the light itself. It is still tight with battery out.

sduk
08-02-08, 02:33 PM
certainly on the mk2 you need to remove the wheel and pull back the arch liner to gain access, not sure if it was the same for the mk1? :D

niknog
08-02-08, 03:42 PM
As far as I know you have to do that with the indicators, I just hope that they never blow when it is wet.

weagie
08-02-08, 03:42 PM
I must have wee hands cause i did it without any hasle.

sduk
08-02-08, 03:43 PM
As far as I know you have to do that with the indicators, I just hope that they never blow when it is wet.

ahhh my bad, didnt read the post properly and thought it was the indicator you meant lol, yeh the sidelight is from the bay, i managed mine but wasnt easy! :D