View Full Version : Bonnet grill mesh MK2

BUCKYDEVIL
22-06-15, 02:45 PM
Anyone got the metal mesh that is at front of bonnet on a MK2
Or the whole front bonnet piece in XPG
Would even consider a MK1 if available.

ZS
22-06-15, 04:12 PM
I have a MK1 Bonnet grill in Trophy Blue if you're stuck? Its just sat in my porch at the moment taking up space... You can have it for postage if you want.

If you get some XPG paint delivered to my door I'll even get Bex to spray it up before sending it so its the right colour lol (if you want it black I have some black paint :p)

BUCKYDEVIL
22-06-15, 05:38 PM
Cheers for offer but can find plenty of MK1s front nose, will have a hunt round some local scrapers for a MK2 but if anyone does happen to have one then please PM me.

Bonnet cable snapped & only option was to cut the mesh to pop bonnet & fit new cable from a 45.

ZS
22-06-15, 05:56 PM
Oooo yeah that happened to mine as well, but I found a way to do it without cutting the mesh luckily :) so put it all back together again afterwards and there is no damage :beer:

BUCKYDEVIL
22-06-15, 06:41 PM
Oooo yeah that happened to mine as well, but I found a way to do it without cutting the mesh luckily :) so put it all back together again afterwards and there is no damage :beer:

Smarty pants :smartass:

Tip to all you guys, grease or lube the bonnet catches & cable
My cable had rusted right through.

ZS
22-06-15, 06:49 PM
To be fair, its only because my grill had been fitted incorrectly so I could just pull the plastic off and then lift the metal mesh out! lol

All sorted now though.

still not learnt, I must start greasing the cables...

talkingcars
22-06-15, 08:05 PM
........(if you want it black I have some black paint :p)

That could be useful ;)

ZS
22-06-15, 08:13 PM
That could be useful ;)

Ha! Its not PBT black... so depends how close you need it to FE54's paint (if that is your meaning?)... that being said there are a couple of paint places round the corner and I could probably be convinced to visit them to pick up a paint matched paint if required ;)

pheelay
22-06-15, 09:07 PM
I have a pair spare of the mesh for the grill, as I replaced it with a new finer mesh. You can have them if postage from ROI is ok for you.

BUCKYDEVIL
22-06-15, 10:05 PM
I have a pair spare of the mesh for the grill, as I replaced it with a new finer mesh. You can have them if postage from ROI is ok for you.

You have PM buddy..

talkingcars
22-06-15, 10:23 PM
Ha! Its not PBT black... so depends how close you need it to FE54's paint (if that is your meaning?)... that being said there are a couple of paint places round the corner and I could probably be convinced to visit them to pick up a paint matched paint if required ;)

I can get hold of paint, there is a supplier around the corner from work who will do a tin or a rattle can at a decent price, no, I ought to get the rear wing repair repaired.