PDA

View Full Version : Time attack

Sean-2k
29-06-15, 12:45 PM
Has anyone ever considered using a zs for time attack was wondering as they do have good handling and make excellent track cars

stamford
29-06-15, 01:11 PM
Can't say I have looked into this as most will only see big powered jap cars as the lesser classes seemed to get overlooked. It would be interesting to see what other cars would be in the same class as the ZS.

Sean-2k
29-06-15, 01:30 PM
I was wondering what class it would be in and what it would be up against 2 guys I know have raced In time attack one has a astra vxr and another who's in his first season in the new pocket rocket class in his starlet
Only reason I wondered is a t16 zs I think would make a good competitive car I think

Mark S
29-06-15, 02:54 PM
cog and weight are key issues, it would be better without the two rear doors (as in a coupe), then theres the fragile rover engines, you would be better putting in a high revving honda unit with 300+ nasp bhp, but then you'd be better off starting with a honda in the first place - lighter, 2 doors, engines...

I have never seen an MB (honda ZS equiv) in racing yet, certainly not with any pace.

Sean-2k
29-06-15, 04:07 PM
Me and a friend spoke about a tseries or 1.8t zr and using it for track days and maybe eventually time attack but that's as far as it went

Mark S
29-06-15, 05:31 PM
the zs is a great track car and can make great race cars, there's plenty of series/championships to race them in, for a bit of parity, why not look at the mgcc/racing?