PDA

View Full Version : Question for Brembodge owners

p_b82
02-07-15, 12:28 PM
Afternoon to you all...

So I recently discovered that my grooved disks are mostly no longer grooved, and as such I should really get on with replacing them fairly soon.

Those that have the brembodge setup, did you go back to the guys on RT to get replacements (I'll want plain not grooved next time) or did you source them from elsewhere and get some-one else to re-drill them?

I am a little confused as the sizes mentioned in the post on RT, do not seem to tie in with the size mentioned by brembo on their website for the Focus RS mk1 disks - it is a couple of mm difference.

Also need to decide on the pads to put in it - I have to say I liked the DS3000's it has in there currently, but the brake dust has ruined the front ultralegguras as I did not keep on top of it - so it is my own fault.

wondering if the DS2500's are a better option without having to clean my wheels weekly once I get them refurbed, and those that have them if they have any advice if they have experience of either pad on other things?

just double checking as well it is the 406 coupe 3.0v6 isn't it that the donor calipers came from not the 2.0?

Thanks all,

Pete

petet16
02-07-15, 02:49 PM
I would go back to Rob on RT for discs, mainly because there's some doubt about what car the discs were for originally.
And yes the 406 V6 coupe for the calipers.

p_b82
03-07-15, 08:40 AM
Thanks Pete...

Was my thinking there & thanks for calliper confimation, just wanted to double check while I was looking at pads :)