PDA

View Full Version : Latest Additions

Maxfly
09-02-08, 04:30 PM
well popped of a couple of my latest add ons today, but forgot my tf steering wheel for some reason!?!?!

My new stainless steel badge, looks excellent imo and still have one spare i can't decide what to do with:)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/Morebits002.jpg

My new piper slash cut, be happier once i get it adjusted properly so it don't rattle off the heat shield!!:shoot2:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/Morebits001.jpg

My new catch tank, one more to go that i am just about to order and will fit once the oe air filter is binned:D
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/Morebits003.jpg

shroonie29
09-02-08, 05:15 PM
Badge & zaust look cool mate.
Why 2 catch tanks?Most fit one & it stops the oil running from the TB

Shroon

Maxfly
09-02-08, 05:29 PM
Badge & zaust look cool mate.
Why 2 catch tanks?Most fit one & it stops the oil running from the TB

Shroon

i know what you mean but the wee one still breaths oil so wanted to stop it too, just happened that the hosing i got was a bit tight for the big breather that everyone normally does first so just did the small breather first:) once i get my bmc i will fit the second one:)

stamford
09-02-08, 05:50 PM
Good mods, liking the badge!

afcbadam
09-02-08, 06:04 PM
never seen or heard off two catch tanks

Maxfly
09-02-08, 06:20 PM
very happy with the badge, but really don't know what to do with the second one as i ordered them whe i had the zr and now dont have the bit at the back to stick the 2nd one!! think a few on xpf have fitted 2 tanks, the large breather intot the throttle body is worst for breathing oil but the wee one still breathes it too so am doing both,:D

RalphG
09-02-08, 06:35 PM
never seen or heard off two catch tanks

I've got two, and so has BHB. ;)

SimonMGZS
09-02-08, 07:39 PM
maxfly is right about having two catch tanks fitted because both of the lines blow oil into the throttle body. i have got catch tanks for mine but i have only got one fitted at the mo hoping to get second one fitted soon

afcbadam
09-02-08, 08:17 PM
does any body have any pics off this. why not have 1 catch tank and tee both lines in to it.

Southern Storm
10-02-08, 12:27 AM
This did cross my mind with the two lines that blow oil. Dammit. Only just got one fitted lol.
Good mods dude.

shroonie29
10-02-08, 12:30 AM
I prefer the idea of 1 catching the main of the ****,the other line feeding a small amount of oil to the VIS

Shroon

afcbadam
10-02-08, 03:26 PM
any photos. is the teeing the 2 lines into one catch tank not a good idea then

sduk
10-02-08, 03:33 PM
lookin awesome mate! you should debadge the rear, would lok really smart! are you liking having a noisy exhaust again? :)

StevieA ZS120
10-02-08, 04:57 PM
looking good buddy if you decide to sell your other badge matey ill have it

RalphG
10-02-08, 11:18 PM
any photos. is the teeing the 2 lines into one catch tank not a good idea then

No, the two breathers are at different pressures.

Maxfly
11-02-08, 07:34 AM
lookin awesome mate! you should debadge the rear, would lok really smart! are you liking having a noisy exhaust again? :)

i kinda like my badges at the rear, would maybe get a chrome zs badge as mine is matt silver and i think the chrome would look fresher!! You have no idea how much i missed having a rorty zorst lol and this sounds ten times better than the zr with the magnex!! An it still has to coke up a fair bit yet so the noise should improve over next few weeks:D

looking good buddy if you decide to sell your other badge matey ill have it

will do bud, would sell it for exactly what i paid for it, but will have a pnder over next week or so to see if i can think of anywhere to put it:D

reading first post again, i didn't forget to fit my tf wheel just forgot the photies lol, just took the easy route and hacksawed the oe wheel, does stick out a bit but i wonder if i can file down that bit or even get a small rubber seal and stick that round the rear of the wheel to hide the gap:idea:

Andyf
13-02-08, 11:14 PM
That badge really suits your car as does the exhaust, looks very smart indeed

grimmy
13-02-08, 11:36 PM
looking good mate good choice on the zorst surprised at the rubbing on the heat shield mines has at least 8mm clearance:hmmm: