PDA

View Full Version : Eurostar and the MGZS.

Skillen
19-07-15, 05:09 PM
Those that have travelled on the Eurostar with your ZS or another vehicle, how was getting on and off the train?

I'm going in two weeks time and wondered if I was perhaps a little low.
My front splitter is off for clearance but I was worried I'd be too low.

talkingcars
19-07-15, 05:55 PM
Those that have travelled on the Eurostar with your ZS or another vehicle, how was getting on and off the train?

I'm going in two weeks time and wondered if I was perhaps a little low.
My front splitter is off for clearance but I was worried I'd be too low.

Eurostar is the high speed passanger train, euro tunnel is the under channel vehicle transport.

I have used it twice, once in a hired dawoo saloon bucket and once I think in the espace. Both were horrible experiences but IIRC ground clearance isn't a problem in a regular car.

If I were you I'd give them a ring and ask.

Ferries aren't any better but I much prefer them for travel.

Skillen
19-07-15, 06:11 PM
Eurostar is the high speed passanger train, euro tunnel is the under channel vehicle transport.

I have used it twice, once in a hired dawoo saloon bucket and once I think in the espace. Both were horrible experiences but IIRC ground clearance isn't a problem in a regular car.

If I were you I'd give them a ring and ask.

Ferries aren't any better but I much prefer them for travel.

Ahh it's the tunnel I'm using then lol.
Thought it was one and the same!
Just a couple people mentioned to the other half it may be difficult lowered on the upper section. Maybe I can try and request the lower deck :/

R8NMG
19-07-15, 07:24 PM
It is the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle that carries vehicles through the tunnel. I used it about 15 years ago in my old Rover 214 wedge shape which was lowered and that didn't have any problem at all. A standard ZS shouldn't have a problem I guess.

Skillen
19-07-15, 08:00 PM
It is the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle that carries vehicles through the tunnel. I used it about 15 years ago in my old Rover 214 wedge shape which was lowered and that didn't have any problem at all. A standard ZS shouldn't have a problem I guess.

It's on coilovers but not drastically low.

I watched a couple of videos and the upper deck looks like it'll scrape a little but I'll manage.
I'm thinking just ask for bottom deck.

adam
19-07-15, 08:22 PM
The tunnel is fantastic for crossing the channel, you'll be fine in a lowered car as long as it's not scraping the ground. Just take it slow.

mattyprice4004
20-07-15, 06:12 PM
I went on it years ago, but looked like there'd be no problems for anything low.

Sean-2k
21-07-15, 01:15 PM
Just a heads up the last few weeks they have been shutting the m20 for operation stack as the French are on strike so check before you leave and allow plenty of time for your journey if it is in place as the Aroads are basically at a stand still due to congestion I live in ashford and it's just causing chaos

talkingcars
21-07-15, 03:54 PM
Best bet is to use the A2/M2 towards Dover and then drop down towards Folkstone.

The Calais ferry terminal workers are striking a lot at the moment and everytime they strike someone sets lights to a pile of tyres at the entrence to the channel tunnel causing it to be shut.

Skillen
21-07-15, 04:16 PM
Thanks both.
Luckily we have a place to stay near Folkestone the night before so will make it a bit easier for us but I will check the reports before hand.
We have an early train so getting up earlier may be the key.

LozMachine
24-07-15, 03:04 PM
Now this is something I've always wanted to do, I'm just lacking a bit in the gonad's department! Let us know how ya get on :).

Supercharged_Z
24-07-15, 03:19 PM
your be fine, i went last year in a mega low RS4 with two people in it and a load of camping gear i just asked to go on the bottom row and it was fine, i then made some loud noises in the train with my exhaust

talkingcars
24-07-15, 06:34 PM
Now this is something I've always wanted to do, I'm just lacking a bit in the gonad's department! Let us know how ya get on :).

?

It's not a lot different to getting on a ferry.

LozMachine
24-07-15, 06:49 PM
?

It's not a lot different to getting on a ferry.

I meant driving abroad lol

talkingcars
24-07-15, 08:20 PM
It's not a lot different to driving around a one way system.

Sean-2k
25-07-15, 11:52 AM
If everything still going how it is your be lucky to get there the tunnels are shut and they have hijacked two ferries and blocked the docks

mattyprice4004
25-07-15, 04:41 PM
Driving abroad is easy - you get booted off the boat or train on the correct side of the road, just stay there. :D

I go to Germany every year for a good blowout and Booze Cruise, and I'm always the driver. Cracking place to visit.

talkingcars
25-07-15, 09:57 PM
If everything still going how it is your be lucky to get there the tunnels are shut and they have hijacked two ferries and blocked the docks

You could put that on repeat, it is happening most days.