PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Work.

daytona365
29-07-15, 06:22 PM
On holiday for two weeks, so cant turn up chance to do some TLC to the ZED...few things have been annoying me so they going to be fixed.

Anyway as you have read, I had a leak......Well carpets all dry and all back in place............No obvious leaking place, but did remember that the day before the wetness, he was parked on a hill in the POURING rain. so I think that the angle made some of the water overflow the natural flow of things.

Anyway back to work..Bought Powerflex front anti roll bar bushes plus new D brackets and bolts, last week. Jacked the car up yesterday and removed the old ones, didnt realise how worn they were, but of course biggest prob was putting the D clamp over the new bushes, and trying to get the screws back in the holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After MUCH screaming and swearing, I put them both on.Was easy really, just not much room.

Next project. When I had my interior painted TY few years ago, when I replaced the trim, it wasnt totally flush, and had always annoyed me.

SO decided to take it off and refit. Discovered that two of the metal spring clips were no longer attached to the trim, hence why it was not flush. So off with trim and out the Epoxy glue....mixed up and glued them back on. Left overnight with book on top. Next morning solid , so carefully pushed trim back on,,,,good as day it left Longbridge.

Thats it for now, but going to take front panel off, and headlights so I can give everything behind a good clean, and lube....and while headlights off replace the bulbs (lot easier than when inplace)

Another job, ive been putting off, is to refit my stereo. The wiring loom is bulky and it makes the unit not fit in the cage. So glovebox and unit removed I will modify behind so there is more room.

Pictures up when finished................thats what holidays are for...Playing with your ZED......................

M17TT180
29-07-15, 07:09 PM
Sounds good, will give it a full inspection on Sunday. And all this time off can come and help me with the typhoon!

MG ZS STE
29-07-15, 07:37 PM
With the glove box out the way you can get a hole saw into the bottom left corner of the stereo housing. This opens it right up.

M17TT180
29-07-15, 07:48 PM
With the glove box out the way you can get a hole saw into the bottom left corner of the stereo housing. This opens it right up.

Sod that, HAMMER TIME!

talkingcars
29-07-15, 08:24 PM
While you've got the headlights out you don't fancy sticking in some virtually new ones in do you?
Pmail me if you are interested.

daytona365
29-07-15, 11:20 PM
While you've got the headlights out you don't fancy sticking in some virtually new ones in do you?
Pmail me if you are interested.
Sorry already got a spare set. Bought them a few months after I got the Zed, just incase of any frontal mishaps...

talkingcars
30-07-15, 08:30 AM
But these have clear indicators.

stamford
30-07-15, 09:26 AM
I find the little jobs take so much time to complete. I used a Dremel on the rear of the headunit mount when I had the ipod unit it had a load of wires stopping it going fully in.

daytona365
30-07-15, 11:07 PM
But these have clear indicators.

prefer the classic orange....................:yay:

mattyprice4004
31-07-15, 05:42 PM
Don't get me started on the tiny hole for the wiring at the back of the head unit recess... :wall:

Always a nightmare fitting an aftermarket stereo to a 400/45/ZS for this reason - my current stereo is hanging out an inch or two because of this exact issue.
Need to get the glovebox off, by the sounds of it!