PDA

View Full Version : Value

pucc
31-07-15, 03:20 PM
Ive had a valuation from my insurer of £750.

Its a mk2 180 hatch with 92k vgc
stainless exhaust
sheddist clutch kit
bmc cda filter with samco hoses
catch tank
vis indicator
hids
rally style mud flaps
has some history on a cat d for some very minor paint damage from a car parking accident ( all was repaired for £150 I was not in car at the time )

My question is what should I value it at? as their offer is an insult..

BRMFUN
31-07-15, 03:55 PM
Look at eBay and see how much they are going for! That's what they will do if you have a smash! The £750 unless classic policy is not worth worrying about, they will give you bottom book!

peterzs
31-07-15, 04:20 PM
Never accept the first offer!!

Have you any receipts that show you have added money to the cars value, or kept it in a first class condition. If so take photocopies.

Have a look at ebay, gumtree and look for the same year, mileage mods etc and take a copy, hopefully will be a higher price as well.

Telephone the claim handler, if you can, as its always better to get to know them and explain why its worth more. Send off the copies of receipts Photos of the car and copies of the higher value adverts.

Good luck, with it.

:wave::wave::wave:

mattyprice4004
31-07-15, 05:40 PM
Should really be £1300-£1500 in my opinion - find proof of others for sale or that have sold, which are comparable.

Good luck!

jaorton
01-08-15, 11:24 AM
Be careful with the list of mods. If they haven't been disclosed to your insurer they might not take them into account.

You could get an independent valuation but they might say it's lower and your insurer will go with that.

When my mk. I was written off, I got loads of examples which were above the valuation price but they wouldn't budge. They were really anal about minor details such as colour and mileage. Still manage to get a younger mk. II with less miles and with change to boot from their offer though.

Mark S
01-08-15, 06:04 PM
sounds about right for a cat d, £750-£1000, catch tank, vis leds, mud flaps & honda clutch parts aren't really going add much to the value in an insurers eyes.

talkingcars
01-08-15, 06:38 PM
I agree with Mark on this, however I did a compare quotes search yesterday and it valued my mk2 at between £750 and £1125.