PDA

View Full Version : Threaded screw

LukeZS96
19-08-15, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to remove the centre console in the Zed but there is one screw behind the fog light switch (its a MK2) that just keeps spinning, I've tried getting leverage under the head to pull it up but to no avail, tried pushing from behind aswell and that didn't work. Any ideas on how to get it out?

M17TT180
19-08-15, 05:17 PM
Imo, just snap the fitting off. Console fits fine with just the middle lower screw. This is what I would do so please do not do this unless you are 100% happy.

talkingcars
19-08-15, 07:36 PM
Can you push it from behind as you turn it?

Personally I use the screws behind the switches and not the centre one as I fit the head unit before finally pushing the console home.

LukeZS96
19-08-15, 08:31 PM
I tried pushing it and it wouldn't catch on the threads. I think I might see if I can take a junior hacksaw to the mounting and save alot of the hardship

stamford
20-08-15, 07:24 AM
The mk1 fitting is located in a plastic surround from memory and tend to go out of shape or snap so the fitting spins. It'll need to be gripped to avoid spinning.

pheelay
20-08-15, 11:13 PM
On both my Mk2s, they were metal screws on very thin metal clips. They came out easily. Can you get better access perhaps by removing the air vents? Else, leave that screw until last and pull on the console while undoing the screw.