PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt or tools

Bakermgzs
26-08-15, 09:07 AM
Hi all
I have mk2 zs 180 hatch which I supercharged I have spent so much time and money on her its unbelievable I love the car to bits,it has so much more grunt in it and wicked whizz noise,it has been fitted with compression plates and has been able to be tuned harder,I have fish eyes headlights also saloon spoiler,Clio 197 diffuser,full piper japcut exhaust,tints,pig back ecu,7th injector,bmc induction with my own pipe work,and lots more,
Unfortunatly and I say nearly crying my timing belt snapped at 85mph on motorway,I managed to get it home pulled timing cover off and the belt has clearly been rubbing on something there's fluff everywhere i took the heads of to find some bent valves,the plus is the bottom end all looks to be good(the car only done 40,000) so ive brought another whole engine took the heads off (badly kept engine there was about 1mm carbon build up)sent them to be deep cleaned and got them back I purchesd a headgasket kit and have that now Ive yet to get timing kit tho,and once I have that I can start putting every thing back together,
Is there anyone on this forum who might have the timing tool kit for the 2.5 v6 I live in the Hertfordshire area but could also collect and would be willing to pay a usage fee and bring back to you,or maybe some one could fit timing belt and time it for me the engine is apart so belt are easyly accesable sorry for essay ,thanks for your time

stamford
26-08-15, 11:09 AM
Check this thread, pm me if interested and we'll discuss this as you are a new member etc.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29376

MG ZS STE
26-08-15, 12:31 PM
:hi: sounds like a great car and loads of effort put into it. Hope you get the tools you need. Ive read it can be done without the locking tools if the engines out of the car.

Bakermgzs
26-08-15, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately engine is in the car well the bottom end iv had to replace my heads because bent valves and I don't really want risk doing it without the tools that's how it was done 6month ago and I recon that's why it's gone this time it didn't just snap it has been rubbing there fluff everywhere

stamford
26-08-15, 02:43 PM
So I get this right the belts were done without the tools? Was this all of the belts, tensioner assembly and water pump? Sounds as if done on the cheap and maybe poorly?

Bakermgzs
26-08-15, 03:27 PM
I believe the belts were done without tools a gentalman man called Gary Anderson,he is very good but something gone seriously wrong for belt to do what it did I have pic of the belt I try put it up see what you think

Bakermgzs
26-08-15, 03:45 PM
Not good

Bakermgzs
26-08-15, 03:47 PM
This were rest belt is!

peterzs
26-08-15, 06:21 PM
Not good.

theboynoz
27-08-15, 07:31 AM
looks like it ate the belt! Damn! Hope you can repair the old girl, good luck