PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

Bakermgzs
30-08-15, 12:09 PM
Hi all I'm out working on the car and I can't bloody undo crank pully nut,I need to remove the pully to take the plastic sorounding off to be able to remove the metal housing off covering the timing belt

Skillen
30-08-15, 01:18 PM
A load of extensions to get the lever outside of the car with the wheel off
Breaker bar with the extensions supported so you can put two hands into the leverage
Long, long extension on the breaker bar (scaffold tube or any pipe or pipe wrench)
Mate in the car with it in gear and the brakes pressed heavily.
Go to town on the nut.
Maybe some heat needed also

talkingcars
30-08-15, 02:59 PM
Can you get a socket on there?
I have used a trolley to lift the wrench or even raised the car to put the wrench handle low and then lowered the car to undo tights bolts. Latterly I have invested a few quid in an electric impact wrench.

Bakermgzs
30-08-15, 04:25 PM
I can get a socket in there but limeted on tools like bars such a pain because I've been told the plastic surrounding has to come off to remove metal houseing don't really want break it of,many have suggested the zip gun just getting hold of one I will try the gear and brake method tommorow,if I get it undone does the crank pully just pull off

Bakermgzs
30-08-15, 08:15 PM
Managed to get the metal houseing off didn't take crank pully off bit wiggling about it come out and my good the mess all that black is belt
Water pump is knackered which is weird,it was new 5 months ago

petet16
31-08-15, 07:50 AM
It strikes me someone screwed up when the belt was changed, are the idler and tensioner pulleys still free to rotate.

Bakermgzs
31-08-15, 01:50 PM
Yes the pulleys are free moving but the water pump isn't its really stiff so need replacing there no visable sign off any rubbing apart from the inside off one the black plastic cover, I think would be defo safe to say something went rong when belt was done with the charger the belt was fine for 11yrs before

Bakermgzs
01-09-15, 06:54 AM
Been having think,has anyone done this instead of takeing crank pully off could I just undo the bolts holding on the plastic cover and slip the belt through the gap?