PDA

View Full Version : more 180 woes advice please

midcuk
11-02-08, 08:07 AM
Yet more trouble with the 180, while shopping with the kids at tescos came out to another flat battery ! , AA called they arrived and as before said the alternator was fine the battery fine the battery was just discharged, could something be “leaking power?” AA man checked and said there was no drain on the battery from anything weird. Anyhoo he pulled a few fuses etc to test and after the car was running I noticed the tmc/clock display was not showing anything , is there a specific fuse for this and if so can I just replace it or is there anything else I can try ?.

Ended up spending £50 on a new power station so I can self jump the car if it happens again (£50 less saved for duplex now  ) it’s the tmc that’s bugging me though

Advice appreciated

Ps sorry for constantly bugging but I didn’t get a user guide with the car

Alan.F
11-02-08, 08:44 AM
I had a similar problem with my 120 last year my wife had the RAC out twice at work only to be told battery and alternator were fine when it happened a third time i went and bought a battery and i haven't had a problem since i have lost my faith in the AA and RAC after this

Maxxed_Ross
11-02-08, 10:15 AM
the clock and the stereo are run off the same fuse, it's under the wheel and should be marked

midcuk
11-02-08, 10:20 AM
the clock and the stereo are run off the same fuse, it's under the wheel and should be marked

cheers dammit the stereo works ? hope the clock/tmc aint broke :(

Maxxed_Ross
11-02-08, 10:31 AM
I think they are anyway. It might be the lighting circuit though - does the interior light still work?

midcuk
11-02-08, 10:33 AM
I think they are anyway. It might be the lighting circuit though - does the interior light still work?

i will have to check

cheers