PDA

View Full Version : Xpower kick plates

wilko66
11-02-08, 07:11 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/wilko1966/gf03mods001.jpg

Ok I've managed to get a price for the standard R45 kick plates. I can do a set of 4 with the xpower logo on the fronts, and just the stripes on the rears for £40. These will fit ZS/r45 saloons and hatches Mk'1 and mk2's. I just need to get a price for the fixing kit if anyone wants them. But it might be cheaper to get any chrome countersunk screws.

I will mention that these are brand new plates and i will remove the rover sign a put the xpower sticker on. You can still see the rover indentation after its removed but only if you hold it up to the light, which is quite hard when its fitted to your car .

So if any one is interested then let me know via pm or this thread. the above price will be + p&p

Boot Hill Bandit
12-02-08, 09:15 AM
You can do me a set buddy ;) I think they look ******* fab :bow:

Have you put a for sale page on XPF??? Might want to generalise it to include the MGF/MGTF and the ZR/25 too.

Jim

Stevedx
12-02-08, 01:08 PM
I'm interested

Maxxed_Ross
12-02-08, 06:08 PM
I'll have some!

drroberts490
13-02-08, 10:29 AM
i'd be very interested, any idea on time scale? cheers

Dave

Venom
13-02-08, 11:10 AM
My car come already with front and back plane kick plates, is there any chance of selling me just the stickers please?

stamford
13-02-08, 12:09 PM
A nice touch, may be interested in the near future.

wilko66
13-02-08, 03:16 PM
i'd be very interested, any idea on time scale? cheers

Dave

It'll be 2 to 3 weeks bud because i have to get the plates in first, So will need payment up front i'm affraid. Nothing personal, but i've been stung before and i don't want to end with a load of kickplates laying round the house.......She wouldn't be amused :wacko:

wilko66
13-02-08, 03:22 PM
I'll have some!

Ok bud I will need payment upfront £45 inc P&P(sorry passed experience). But I will order them for you tomorrow be about a week or two:look:

wilko66
13-02-08, 03:24 PM
I'm interested

Can you let me know if you do want some, if so I will order yours with Ross's tomorrow

Venom
13-02-08, 07:25 PM
My car come already with front and back plane kick plates, is there any chance of selling me just the stickers please?

Any change.....?

wilko66
13-02-08, 07:48 PM
Any change.....?

oops sorry bud meant to reply and forgot, yes i'll send you the stickers, they.re £2.00 each

Maxxed_Ross
14-02-08, 10:03 AM
Ok bud I will need payment upfront £45 inc P&P(sorry passed experience). But I will order them for you tomorrow be about a week or two:look:

no probs pal, you take paypal? PM me please!

StevieA ZS120
14-02-08, 10:05 AM
send me your paypal m8 ill take 2 stickers off of you

Venom
14-02-08, 10:47 AM
send me your paypal m8 ill take 2 stickers off of you

Me to please Wilko. Cheers mate.

Stevedx
14-02-08, 02:38 PM
Can you let me know if you do want some, if so I will order yours with Ross's tomorrow

Can I order them with you soon, as I am a little brasic right now.

wilko66
14-02-08, 04:44 PM
Can I order them with you soon, as I am a little brasic right now.

no probs just let me know

mattie007
14-02-08, 08:50 PM
What are the stickers John? Just normal Xpower ones?

wilko66
15-02-08, 11:07 AM
What are the stickers John? Just normal Xpower ones?

I get them made to fit nicely on the plates, but i'm sure theres some out there on ebay or something

Maxxed_Ross
15-02-08, 02:47 PM
payment sent!

bigfella
16-02-08, 09:49 PM
Can I have a set please....

drroberts490
17-02-08, 02:16 PM
how much would it be for just the front ones please, cheers

Dave

wilko66
17-02-08, 02:46 PM
Can I have a set please....

yes bud set of 4 or just the 2 fronts, set of 4 is £40 = P&P, Just the 2 fronts are £25 +p&P, let me know and I'll order them

wilko66
17-02-08, 02:48 PM
how much would it be for just the front ones please, cheers

Dave

£25 + P&P bud, Let me know if you want them and I'll order them with Bigfella's

drroberts490
17-02-08, 03:45 PM
yes, i'll take a set of front ones please, if you pm me your email i'll send a paypal payment, oh and let me know price with p&p, thanks mate

Dave MGT
17-02-08, 04:51 PM
oops sorry bud meant to reply and forgot, yes i'll send you the stickers, they.re £2.00 each

I will take some stickers off you too please mate.
(PM me your paypal address and price)

Will they fit the rear kick trims too???

wilko66
17-02-08, 05:13 PM
I will take some stickers off you too please mate.
(PM me your paypal address and price)

Will they fit the rear kick trims too???

only if you rub one of the stripes away, Pm sent, let me know if you want 2 or 4, I have some coming this week

Stevedx
18-02-08, 10:12 AM
John, can you order my set now please.

wilko66
18-02-08, 12:10 PM
John, can you order my set now please.

ok bud;)

StevieA ZS120
18-02-08, 12:21 PM
just wanted to check that you got my payment buddy

wilko66
18-02-08, 12:48 PM
just wanted to check that you got my payment buddy

yes bud, stickers arrived this morn, in the post to you today:beer:

StevieA ZS120
18-02-08, 01:02 PM
nice one bruv cheers for that m8

StevieA ZS120
21-02-08, 11:47 PM
i got mines today and are now fitted they look sweet as fook not bad for a we 2 pound sticker lol

looks like its been laser etched

Maxxed_Ross
22-02-08, 05:50 AM
I think my kick plates have arrived, there's something at the post office tha needs signed for anyway

Venom
22-02-08, 02:54 PM
i got mines today and are now fitted they look sweet as fook not bad for a we 2 pound sticker lol

looks like its been laser etched

Post a pic mate...share the love.

Maxxed_Ross
22-02-08, 03:32 PM
Royal Mail managed to turn mine into a pair of mangled ski's... swines!

wilko66
22-02-08, 04:40 PM
Royal Mail managed to turn mine into a pair of mangled ski's... swines!

I'm really sorry Bud, I'm spitting F****** feathers here mate, just ask the other half. I thought i did a good job of packing them, it was thick carboard and they was wrapped round and round in it and bubble wrap. Plus I wrote DO NOT BEND on there aswell:wall:. Will sort you another pair of fronts asap, And I'll wrap them with a strip of wood. Sorry again Bud:(

Maxxed_Ross
22-02-08, 05:54 PM
it's not your fault pal... I used to work for Royal Mail parcels so I know exaclty how rough stuff gets treated some times - that's why I always use courriers these days when possible

www.interparcel.co.uk <---- worth checking out in future

Dave MGT
22-02-08, 06:18 PM
Received my stickers.
Thanks again John :thumbsup:

wilko66
22-02-08, 08:11 PM
Received my stickers.
Thanks again John :thumbsup:

ok bud, glad royal mail didn't F*** that up:sad:

georgiansoccer
22-02-08, 08:44 PM
do the kick plates screw into the sill?

arwilson80
22-02-08, 10:59 PM
do the kick plates screw into the sill?

AFAIK they do. There was a hole drilled and a plastic insert put in (on the ZR's at least).

wilko66
23-02-08, 11:25 AM
AFAIK they do. There was a hole drilled and a plastic insert put in (on the ZR's at least).

same on the zs, they are quite dear new, £1,45 each for the plastic inserts, and 44p each for the screws +vat. Or in my case free from a 400 in the breakers, just fell into my pocket :shifty:

wilko66
23-02-08, 12:19 PM
I Have just been slated on zscentral for the ad that was put on ebay for 2 kickplates, Because the buyer Didn't read the ad properly, and thought these were genuine xpower kickplates. Even though it states that they have been modified. So for this reason I am NOT doing anymore, I will of course finish the ones that have been ordered and paid for. For those of you who have ordered and paid for them, You should have them with in the next 2 weeks. I'm sorry if anyone else wanted any, But I'm not prepared to give up my own time and effort in this way just to have it implied that I have conned people. This was just something I did to My car to make it a bit different. Each plate takes me about 2 hours to do which has been in the evening before I got to work, when i could be chilling out. I'm very upset by this whole affair, I never have tried to be dishonest, as with this site I have always told anyone that has asked what i did to the plates. Sorry again if you wanted some, But i'm not gunna take S*** like that off anyone.

StevieA ZS120
23-02-08, 07:21 PM
sorry to hear that you do get some dicks in the world tho that just want to cause hassle to folk never monding that these look minted regardless of wether they are original xpower jobbies or custom made jobs

in my eyes it was a great idea that no-one has picked up on so i say big thumbs up to you for having the decencyto think about offering this original idea to other folks

arwilson80
23-02-08, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't worry what they say about the kick plates TBH. You clearly stated what they were and IMO it was their fault that they didn't read the ad properly.

I don't know what happened 'across the way'... but it's unfortunate.

mg-zs
24-02-08, 07:51 AM
I Have just been slated on zscentral for the ad that was put on ebay for 2 kickplates, Because the buyer Didn't read the ad properly, and thought these were genuine xpower kickplates. Even though it states that they have been modified.

You where not slated at www.Zscentral.com .:police:
The buyer just thought they where OEM.
But if you read your ad on Ebay.
It does not really say they are custom made;)
So thats why some people gets a bit confused.
No harm further.
So i feel sad you wo't make them anymore.

Maxxed_Ross
24-02-08, 08:12 AM
Just read the offending thread and I don't think you should stop because one member got a bit confused. I can see what he means though, perhaps the ebay ad could have been a bit clearer for the benifit of those not on this site or from abroad

Keep at it pal, it's such a unique product you would be mad to stop over one comment

drroberts490
24-02-08, 10:57 AM
i agree, you should consider making them still, i still think you will generate a lot of interest, really looking forward to getting mine, shame about the confusion but i'm sure everyone can forgive and forget for the sake of continuing encouraging guys like yourself who come up with ideas and then offer it to other people, if we didn't share our ideas then where would we be when modding our pride and joy, my opinion anyway

wilko66
24-02-08, 02:10 PM
Right, i feel at bit stupid, have found out that the add on ebay was missing some of the txt that the seller put on about the modifications done to the plates. The reason i thought it was clear is because I had a discussion with the seller, and we both aggreed to make it clear what had been done. Apparently when the add was done only half the txt came out, hence there is no false stop etc. So it wasn't that clear after all. To the person in question I appologise for my rant.

cjsale
24-02-08, 07:53 PM
Right, i feel at bit stupid, have found out that the add on ebay was missing some of the txt that the seller put on about the modifications done to the plates. The reason i thought it was clear is because I had a discussion with the seller, and we both aggreed to make it clear what had been done. Apparently when the add was done only half the txt came out, hence there is no false stop etc. So it wasn't that clear after all. To the person in question I appologise for my rant.

Dont feel stupid, i'm sure Marvon will accept your apology, you thought you were right, as I said in my post on ZSC we did'nt think you were trying to con anybody. Above all dont stop making them, there is a market for them.

RalphG
25-02-08, 07:18 PM
Just to clarify, I put the plates for sale on eBay. When I created the advert there was some kind of error with eBay which led to me having two copies of the picture added - I deleted one of these but did not notice that half the text that I had typed had disappeared. The missing text indicated that these were not original Sport & Racing items.

wilko66
26-02-08, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't worry what they say about the kick plates TBH. You clearly stated what they were and IMO it was their fault that they didn't read the ad properly.

I don't know what happened 'across the way'... but it's unfortunate.

thanks mate