PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Arrrrrr!

simontezz
31-10-15, 09:07 AM
Well good morning guys and gals
As you may have seen ive been trying to fit some new suspension ect to my much loved MG ZS 180 V6
Managed to fit almost everything untill now!!!
I thought it would be a good idea to change my brake hoses for some nice new ones as the old ones have started to split trouble is ive undone the rear two and the passanger rear no problem drivers rear is undone but stuck dont know how as both parts spin.
and fronts feel like they are going to shear or round off.
so question is can i cut the pipe and replace pipe nuts and re flare or have i got to re pipe from the front to back i assume its 3/16 pipe but dont know the union pipe end bolt thread and size size

talkingcars
31-10-15, 09:36 AM
If you have the skill and equipment and the pipe is in good condition I'd be tempted to cut and re-flare.

simontezz
31-10-15, 11:02 AM
I can get a flareing tool no problem but i dont know if standard pipes are steel and a need to know what size pipe bolts to buy

stamford
31-10-15, 11:06 AM
Standard pipes are steel, so your usual home flaring kit won't be able to flare these after cutting, they can only cope with copper pipes. Have you tried a little heat or plusgas on the joints? You might need a couple of mole grips as not doubt the spanner flats have rounded? Have you used brake spanners or plain mechanics spanners?

simontezz
31-10-15, 12:34 PM
Used a proper break pipe spanner from snap-off lol
The flaring tool i have does do steel so thats not a issue it was 40 quid but only does 3/16 pipe

simontezz
31-10-15, 12:39 PM
This is the flare tool i have sais in manual for steel and copper brake pipes does single and double flares

simontezz
31-10-15, 12:40 PM
Ps how can i get some forum stickers want some for my rear window quarter lights

simontezz
31-10-15, 04:07 PM
Well ive done it got them off finaly two sets of grips did the trick.
So on with the discs and pads tomorrow is the weather is ok.

daytona365
31-10-15, 05:36 PM
Looking good.......

stamford
31-10-15, 09:11 PM
Contact peterzs for stickers, one of the site owners.