PDA

View Full Version : MK2 11 spoke alloys

Mat C
11-02-08, 09:01 PM
Just out of curriosity more than anything, how much would a set of MK2 alloys be worth with good tyres on them but with a bit of kerbing ? :)

sean kelly
11-02-08, 09:10 PM
depending on how bad iv seen them sell for £200 to £350 a set

Mat C
11-02-08, 09:21 PM
kerbing isn't really really bad but noticable. One tyre is brand new as i got a puncture last week and it was irrepairable, the remaining 3 were fitted mid october and all 4 are Kumho Ecstas, 215/40 - not the compromised 205's that MGR fitted !

Boot Hill Bandit
11-02-08, 09:50 PM
I paid Smokey £250 for mine with all tyres needing replacement and all rims with minimal kerbing. I reckon if you have good tread left bud.......£300 is possible.

Jim

Mat C
11-02-08, 10:05 PM
Spot on so far Jim, i've had an offer already for £300. I think that price is quite good, the tyres are all defo' very good and 11 spokes are rare !

sean kelly
12-02-08, 04:24 PM
i know it took me ages to get some !! ebay will get you a good price

Mat C
12-02-08, 04:27 PM
These wheels are officialy for sale now - any offers above £300 excluding P&P/delivery will be accepted ! :)

ZS180V6
12-02-08, 04:29 PM
You could get more poss.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220194547761&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

Mat C
12-02-08, 04:32 PM
Wow, that is a surprise ! Well i wont be getting my new wheels for a couple of weeks so i can hopefuly create a bidding war amongst the forums ! :D

ZS180V6
12-02-08, 04:45 PM
Wow, that is a surprise ! Well i wont be getting my new wheels for a couple of weeks so i can hopefuly create a bidding war amongst the forums ! :D

Mat I have a set as well and was/am tempted to sell them..................

For the right price !

slikt
12-02-08, 09:43 PM
Mat I have a set as well and was/am tempted to sell them..................

For the right price !

I'll take them off ya for the right price ofcourse. I'm even offering to pick them up from you :laugh:

Am I your perfect customer or what? :beer2:

batfink1
13-02-08, 07:34 AM
Would love a set of these on my MK1.........................has anyone else got a set for sale??????? I wont have the money for a few weeks yet but would be willing to £300 for a good set.......;-)

StevieA ZS120
13-02-08, 10:38 AM
they have been going for around the 400quid mark on the zr site

Mat C
13-02-08, 07:20 PM
Would love a set of these on my MK1.........................has anyone else got a set for sale??????? I wont have the money for a few weeks yet but would be willing to £300 for a good set.......;-)

Mine are still officialy for sale, make a good offer above £300 and you may well secure them !

slikt
13-02-08, 09:29 PM
Mine are still officialy for sale, make a good offer above £300 and you may well secure them !

Can we get pics and detailed description of condition of each wheel+tyre?

You don't need to remove them from car just take pics up close of each wheel.

I prefer the straights but not willing to spend more than £300 on alloys tbh.However if you have geat tyres too then I just might be tempted :fish:

Mat C
13-02-08, 09:56 PM
Will get pics as soon as possible but as i leave for work at half 7 and generaly don't get home until around 6 photos will have to wait until the weekend. These alloys are 3 years old and as expected will have some kerbing on them. It's not really bad kerbing, 2 don't have much at all and from memory 1 doesn't have any. 4 new tyres, Kumho 215/40's were fitted in mid October so they are only around 4 months old. Front left got punctured last weekend has been replaced with a brand new Kumho. But to be honest, unless an offer of over £300 is made without any delivery or postal costs you wont have a chance of getting them as i've already had a very firm offer for £300 without delivey/postage and as is only fair it's 1st come 1st served ! :)

StevieA ZS120
14-02-08, 10:16 AM
ive posted up a thread on the zr site matey to see if anybody interested

ThumpJunkie
14-02-08, 10:21 AM
Sooooooo wish I didn't have to spend what money I have on HGF repair :(:(:(:(:(

Mat C
14-02-08, 04:14 PM
ive posted up a thread on the zr site matey to see if anybody interested

Thanks matey, very good of you ! :beer2:

paulmcmillen
16-02-08, 05:59 PM
Are these sold yet Mat C?

Mat C
16-02-08, 06:01 PM
Firstly welcome to the website ! :) And no, they have not been sold yet - I got my new wheels today so they are ready for their next home !

paulmcmillen
16-02-08, 06:06 PM
Firstly welcome to the website ! :) And no, they have not been sold yet - I got my new wheels today so they are ready for their next home !

Thanks, I'm a regular on theMGZR.co.uk but keep a wee eye on this forum too!

I am really keen on these wheels, how much would the postage be to Northern Ireland on a package this size??

Paul

Mat C
16-02-08, 06:10 PM
Jeez, i havn't got a clue ! Getting them upstairs into my spare room wasn't exactly a doddle - they weigh a fair bit, 3 stone each ! So i really don't know what it would cost but if i can find out for you i will :)

paulmcmillen
16-02-08, 06:15 PM
Jeez, i havn't got a clue ! Getting them upstairs into my spare room wasn't exactly a doddle - they weigh a fair bit, 3 stone each ! So i really don't know what it would cost but if i can find out for you i will :)

Well I'm very keen, I will ask on theMGZR.co.uk to see what people say is the best method of postage and what price. I will keep in touch with you matey and if all is good I'll make an offer!

:beer2:

paulmcmillen
16-02-08, 06:20 PM
Looked on ebay, courier is the best choice - for a set of ZR straights to be sent (same size as ZS 180's) is at £40.

I would be willing to offer you £400 for the wheels including postage costs! What do you think of this offer?? Means you get at least £360 for the wheels, and if you can find a courier that is cheaper you make alittle more money...

Paul

SimonMGZS
16-02-08, 06:51 PM
i bought a set of 4 mk2 alloys off ebay for £295 plus postage but i had got stitched up on these because when i received them they were found to be badly damaged but the listing said that they were in very good condition and this is also with no tyres.

paulmcmillen
16-02-08, 06:53 PM
i bought a set of 4 mk2 alloys off ebay for £295 plus postage but i had got stitched up on these because when i received them they were found to be badly damaged but the listing said that they were in very good condition and this is also with no tyres.

Have to watch on ebay. I would like to think that a forum member would have alittle more sence and not stitch other enthusiastic owners... but all that said a few pic's would be nice!! lol :icecream:

paulmcmillen
17-02-08, 06:32 PM
Any thoughts on this offer Mat?? :cool2:

Mat C
17-02-08, 07:52 PM
Yeah, it's a good offer for sure ! I'm just not sure how to go about getting a courier to be honest and how on earth do i package them ?! I don't have a clue what to do about this to be honets ! Anyway, pictures coming - i've just cleaned the wheels ! :)

Mat C
17-02-08, 08:46 PM
Some pictures - they have just had a very good clean ! :)

paulmcmillen
17-02-08, 08:48 PM
Yeah, it's a good offer for sure ! I'm just not sure how to go about getting a courier to be honest and how on earth do i package them ?! I don't have a clue what to do about this to be honets ! Anyway, pictures coming - i've just cleaned the wheels ! :)

I've never had to send anything by courier before so I don't know how it all works - I believe they should get packaged separately, preferably in cardboard. Well that's the impression I get from what I've read.

I'll not rush you Mat, if you find out a way of doing this it's all well and good, but if it can't happen it can't happen.. :ike:

Looking forward to seeing the pic's anyways!! :cool2:

Mat C
17-02-08, 08:50 PM
OK mate, and the pictures are one post above your last one ! :D

paulmcmillen
17-02-08, 08:50 PM
Just seen the pic's!! Looking good!!!!!!! :snap:

Mat C
17-02-08, 08:51 PM
Yeah, they are all in good condition with plenty of wear on the tyres - enough to see the average driver well through the year !

paulmcmillen
17-02-08, 08:54 PM
Yeah, they are all in good condition with plenty of wear on the tyres - enough to see the average driver well through the year !

Yeah I agree! :smile2:

So basically if you can find a easy way for postage I am your man for the wheels!! Sometimes I hate where I live :wall: lol

Paul

Mat C
17-02-08, 08:58 PM
OK, yes - if i can get this courier malarky sorted then i will take you up on that ! :) I will do my best to find out tommorrow as i'm not sure if i'm at work or not !

paulmcmillen
17-02-08, 09:03 PM
OK, yes - if i can get this courier malarky sorted then i will take you up on that ! :) I will do my best to find out tommorrow as i'm not sure if i'm at work or not !

Nice one!! Will keep in touch!! :thumbsup: :clap2:

Mat C
18-02-08, 08:06 PM
Provisionaly sold now, just awaiting payment :)