PDA

View Full Version : Belt change worth it?

zsarama
19-11-15, 05:15 PM
Having just bought another zs I'm now looking at selling the 180 as is, would it be worth while spending £100+ changing the belts purely to help the sale?

talkingcars
19-11-15, 05:30 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

Would you be doing the belts yourself?
Parts alone are over £100.
You will pay a lot more for the labour.

But to answer your question, yes the car will sell much more easily with the belts done and you should get a better price as well.

James

peterzs
19-11-15, 06:52 PM
yep agree with James.

:wave::wave::wave:

zsarama
19-11-15, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys, yer would be doing myself (know someone with experience + tools) so it would just be the price of parts. It's heart breaking to see how cheap some 180's go for and tbh I would rather park it up & cover over rather than sell it for peanuts. The sale all depends on the Mrs really, she's complaining about the cost of running a 180 so I found a nice 5 door td to try but apparently it's "like a tank" lol. Might keep the td myself as a winter car and park my ztt 190 if she doesn't get used to it.

Dan1971
19-11-15, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the site.

Worth it for sure if you can do it for less than £500 which is what most places would charge for it. Issue you'd have is proving it had been done, so if I were you, I'd keep a receipt for the parts and then keep some photos of the work as it's done.

mattyprice4004
19-11-15, 10:35 PM
We have the full kit starting from under £130 - if you can do it yourself, you'll get a fair bit more than not having them done.

KV6 Cambelt Kits - All Models (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/cambelt-timing-belt-kits/products/kv6-oem-cambelt-timing-belt-kit-rover-75-zs180-zt160-zt190-inc-all-belts-tensioners-and-water-pump)