PDA

View Full Version : New Steering Wheel

KevG
13-02-08, 10:33 PM
Some may or may not know I have a MG F Wheel and TF Airbag, and it is a right good sporty wheel, but last week I stumbled across a monogram accessory for the ZS on Ebay, a Black/Red Leather wheel, so tonight I swapped everything over to the new wheel.

Before

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/KEVG_2007/DSC00059.jpg

After

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/KEVG_2007/DSC00060.jpg

Maxfly
13-02-08, 10:44 PM
looking nice fella, like that a lot!! canna beat a bit of colour:) did you have to change the plug for the air bag?? think i heard they have a different connector?!?!

stamford
13-02-08, 10:57 PM
Oh nice one Kev :thumbsup:

afcbadam
13-02-08, 10:57 PM
a new wheel and a full tank of petrol somebodys doing alright. nice one i like it alot

papa_lazaroo
14-02-08, 10:53 AM
So what are you doing with the old wheel, Is it smaller Diameter than my Wife's ZR 160 standard wheel? ANd would it go straight on?

Maxxed_Ross
14-02-08, 11:00 AM
ooo nice!

the TF wheel is a bit smaller, and you need to either cut your air bag or get a TF airbag to fit it. You also need a ZS to TF steering column adapter. It's a little brass spacer that comes up on ebay from time to time

Shafz
14-02-08, 11:15 AM
Lovely :D i have the same wheel and i love mine!

KevG
14-02-08, 12:12 PM
So what are you doing with the old wheel, Is it smaller Diameter than my Wife's ZR 160 standard wheel? ANd would it go straight on?

The old wheel is from a MG F, the air bag is from a MG TF, I also have the correct air bag reluctor ring. I don't know if the wheel is smaller on the F/TF to the ZR, if the wheel is smaller then send me a PM and I might be persuaded to part with it!

.....did you have to change the plug for the air bag?? think i heard they have a different connector?!?!

If I decide to do a mod I tend to do it properly instead of bodging things together, so all proper MGR parts were involved in changing from a ZS to a F/TF wheel and then back again.

Robstar
14-02-08, 12:29 PM
I have the same but in blue, wouldnt mind findin a replacement for it as the colour wears off pretty quick

shroonie29
14-02-08, 01:50 PM
Colour shouldn't wear off,had my yellow one over a year & no such issue

Shroon

wilko66
14-02-08, 02:56 PM
looks good bud, Oh I soooo wanna blue one :(

ZS
14-02-08, 04:25 PM
Colour shouldn't wear off,had my yellow one over a year & no such issue

Shroon

I've got a blue one and the colour has worn off as well...

Blue ones are VERY rare apparently (probably because hardly anyone has a TB ZS? lol)

stamford
14-02-08, 05:43 PM
I've got a blue one and the colour has worn off as well...

Blue ones are VERY rare apparently (probably because hardly anyone has a TB ZS? lol)

Same probably goes for the blue inserts.

markyzs180
14-02-08, 07:46 PM
I have the same but in blue, wouldnt mind findin a replacement for it as the colour wears off pretty quick

the blue ones are like the proverbial rocking horse s**t rob...you can get the leather recoloured if it gets really bad...or I'll swap you my mint black one ;)

ZS
15-02-08, 09:51 AM
the blue ones are like the proverbial rocking horse s**t rob...you can get the leather recoloured if it gets really bad...or I'll swap you my mint black one ;)

You can get leather recoloured eh? hmmm... any idea where one could pursue the art of getting leather recoloured? :laugh:

Z Scotland
15-02-08, 06:15 PM
I like it because it's the same as mine.:tease:

markyzs180
17-02-08, 12:00 AM
You can get leather recoloured eh? hmmm... any idea where one could pursue the art of getting leather recoloured? :laugh:

i had my old range rover wood/leather wheel recoloured by a local firm that does vehicle refinishing...everything from minor bumps/dings to bumper repairs, interior repairs etc. they use an 'emulsion' to recolour and seal the leather. i was very impressed, cost about 50 quid, when I can find the pics i'll post the before/after if you like...

or you could try it yourself first with some of this stuff ...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORSCHE-LEATHER-DYE-911-964-993-996-924-944-928-968-912_W0QQitemZ230222069908QQihZ013QQcategoryZ72203Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JIMZS180
19-02-08, 08:30 PM
Kev If you are disposing of the tf airbag drop me a note with what you are looking for for it,ihave been looking for one with the badge on it for a while

JIMZS180
21-02-08, 06:59 PM
cheers for the pm Kev......picked up a badged airbag on e-bay....got one without the badge for sale now.

sduk
28-02-08, 02:32 PM
v nice mate, i love my wheel such a great mod :)

Robstar
28-02-08, 02:49 PM

Ahh recoloured you say ? Where? Can I do this myself? cheers mate

Glen290
28-02-08, 03:42 PM
Id like a silver TF one if they ever crop up on ebay..

sduk
28-02-08, 04:30 PM
i have one :p hehe

Glen290
28-02-08, 05:01 PM
I know, and its after seeing yours that made me want one...

Dan1971
28-02-08, 06:03 PM
I've got to say that the wheel looks good. I'm not sure though about matching the centre to the air vents design. For me ..... and remember... this is just me and i'm not having a go .... the surrounds for the vents is the only interior thing which I think looks cheap as chips and belongs in a cheap and nasty Korean interior.

I don't know how much extra it would've cost to chrome them, or even if they were black, I reckon that they would look better. For me, the wheel from the bottom, with the centre from the top.

RalphG
28-02-08, 06:10 PM
Id like a silver TF one if they ever crop up on ebay..

I'll see if I can get hold of some more.

markyzs180
28-02-08, 07:40 PM
Ahh recoloured you say ? Where? Can I do this myself? cheers mate

hiya rob...these are the guys that did my range rover wheel, it was in a right state but ater these guys had finished with it it looked as good as new..

http://www.imagecar-care.co.uk/

it cost around 50 quid which was worth it on the rangey as the walnut/leather wheels are around £500 !!!!

i did put an ebay link on an earlier post re leather dye...might be worth a try first if you've only got a couple of wear spots...

hth

mark

Robstar
04-03-08, 12:17 PM
hiya rob...these are the guys that did my range rover wheel, it was in a right state but ater these guys had finished with it it looked as good as new..

http://www.imagecar-care.co.uk/

it cost around 50 quid which was worth it on the rangey as the walnut/leather wheels are around £500 !!!!

i did put an ebay link on an earlier post re leather dye...might be worth a try first if you've only got a couple of wear spots...

hth

mark

cheers matey, i dont think the leather recovery will do the job asits quiet heavely worn. I might give them huys a call and see what they say. Thanks again.

arwilson80
04-03-08, 01:29 PM
I think i'll just stick with the original one and be the odd one out. :)