PDA

View Full Version : A productive week ahead?

stamford
13-02-08, 10:22 PM
Some of my bits arrived today...................blue silicon hoses for the BMC CDA, breather hose and breather filter to replace the OE one.

Also got a neat little shiftlight as well, hopefully this will inspire me into doing some more track days later on.

Picking my newly refurbed wheels up this week, so will be busy getting the tyres refitted hopefully.

All this will raise my spirits somewhat and look forward to having her back on the black stuff where it belongs :D

Pictures will follow when she's all fit and proper shiney!

john180
13-02-08, 10:23 PM
looking forward to seeing the pics mate! bet you cant wait now.

stamford
13-02-08, 10:33 PM
No I can't wait!

I'll be taking a couple of pictures as it looks now..................very sad, no wheels and plastic bags over the discs! No front bumper etc...........

Then the 'after shots' :w00t:

Boot Hill Bandit
14-02-08, 08:31 AM
Nice one Mick ;) I have yet to see your ZS since the Open Day last year.......now it has no plenum death rattle and I can imagine it is going to look fantastic and fresh now :punk:

Jim

Fez
14-02-08, 12:49 PM
That will be good news. I am sure you bank balance won't be so happy after its all done.

stamford
14-02-08, 04:30 PM
Nice one Mick ;) I have yet to see your ZS since the Open Day last year.......now it has no plenum death rattle and I can imagine it is going to look fantastic and fresh now :punk:

Jim

Erm..............started her up this afternoon after fitting the induction hoses and the ******* rattle is back! I am somewhat pissed off, but I shall be removing the VIS valve and have a waggle of the actuator arm to see if there is anything untoward.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to get my **** together and get that plenum assembly sorted!

That will be good news. I am sure you bank balance won't be so happy after its all done.

Bank balance, well that's never happy :laugh:.................however, the hoses and breather only cost £28, shiftlight was £39 and the newly powder coated rims didn't cost me a penny ;)

Boot Hill Bandit
14-02-08, 07:41 PM
******* hell bud!!!!! I am sorry :sad: I seem to have done a Murray Walker and cursed it! :(

Apologies bud! :cry:

You sure it is not the purge valve clacking up and down like a *******??? Unplug it and see if it stops.........hopefully the noise will cease and you find it is one hell of a noisey purge valve same as mine. My car sounds very noisey and that is with a brand new plenum......all because of the purge valve.

Jim

Fez
14-02-08, 08:30 PM
Bank balance, well that's never happy :laugh:.................however, the hoses and breather only cost £28, shiftlight was £39 and the newly powder coated rims didn't cost me a penny ;)

Sound like the powder coating company I need mine are a right mess.

stamford
14-02-08, 09:12 PM
******* hell bud!!!!! I am sorry :sad: I seem to have done a Murray Walker and cursed it! :(

Apologies bud! :cry:

You sure it is not the purge valve clacking up and down like a *******??? Unplug it and see if it stops.........hopefully the noise will cease and you find it is one hell of a noisey purge valve same as mine. My car sounds very noisey and that is with a brand new plenum......all because of the purge valve.

Jim

Defo not the purge valve, that was evident on the first start up last weekend, I unplugged it and all was quiet, this is something more worrying!

stamford
14-02-08, 09:14 PM
Sound like the powder coating company I need mine are a right mess.

Why's that Fez?

The company that did mine actually supply alot of parts for my machine building, so did it as a thankyou. They are very good at what they do and take pride in their work.

Fez
15-02-08, 12:33 PM
mine are faking, damaged and really a right mess. I need to look around but the problem is I need my car and can't do without it.

I have been looking for some stop gap wheels but I the last couple of months have been fairly costly. So I have stopped looking for a while.

stamford
16-02-08, 10:46 PM
Induction 90% sorted, see other thread..............

Oh and this is how sorry it's looking!
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSC05893.jpg

Here's the wheels.......
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSC05895.jpg

Just need to get the tyres refitted, not cheap! Best quote so far was £16 a wheel!

grimmy
16-02-08, 10:55 PM
maybe not cheap but they will look amazing when on, cracking job on the rims

stamford
17-02-08, 11:46 AM
Further to my posting on the horrid rattle. Just removed the VIS unit and tested the arm, the arm is fine. On taking the pcb out and putting an eye glass to it I find something.................one of the v3 switch legs had broken away. Not obvious at first as it was such a clean break, so requires a little solder and all's well :D

Boot Hill Bandit
17-02-08, 11:53 AM
thank **** :laugh: I will put my lucky ring back on now then :rofl:

Jim

arwilson80
17-02-08, 02:02 PM
So all went reasonably well then... :)