PDA

View Full Version : audi tt quattro 225 thoughts

midcuk
14-02-08, 07:47 AM
My mate has just purchased an 03 reg tt 225 quattro (got it really cheap ), had a blast in it yesterday and impressed at how fast it is, only thing is it doesn’t feel fast, boot it and the speed quickly gets silly but you don’t feel it its disappointing to say the least you are doing silly speed and still feels like 30, id say its too quiet and refined and therefore a bit of a disappointment and dangerous (bet he gets done for speeding very soon)
On a technical note the turbo sounds like what can be described as a hairdryer all of the time it sounds as if it is venting something (sorry I am not technical) been in a lot of cupra r’s and non of them have this issue what do you rekon the problem is (if there is one), should you get a turbo kick ? don’t seem to be able to feel it kicking in at any point at all, in the lcr you can tell but in this you cant.

Its also weird living life in panoramic driving it tee hee but it is a very very nice car

papa_lazaroo
14-02-08, 09:40 AM
My mate has a 225 TT, Definately feel his Turbo when boost starts. There is no "hair dryer type noise though".

Another mate has the 205 BHP S3, and Stelth racing in Leamington Spa, fitted a chip to take it to 268BHP, goes very well now.

Gazza
14-02-08, 04:31 PM
In my old 225 TT you could feel the turbo boost a little.

Is the car standard?

stamford
14-02-08, 04:32 PM
Has what he bought a genuine 225? and not an import of some sort claiming to be such.................Doesn't sound right.

midcuk
15-02-08, 07:18 AM
dont think it has been modded (and it was a shady deal to say the least so not sure), cash in hand from a trading estate in manchester :ohmy:

was advertised on ebay (after he bought it)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120215828060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

weird

papa_lazaroo
15-02-08, 07:53 AM
dont think it has been modded (and it was a shady deal to say the least so not sure), cash in hand from a trading estate in manchester :ohmy:

was advertised on ebay (after he bought it)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120215828060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

weird

That's fantastic switch paint, looks black in all of the other pictures on Ebay, and a totally different shape !!

afcbadam
17-02-08, 10:54 AM
proberly a 180 with the 225 exhaust on it

Maxxed_Ross
17-02-08, 11:09 AM
Unless it's the facelift TT it's a hairdressers car (that explains the noise lol)

Sorry the older TT is just too soft and girly looking, even the quattro