PDA

View Full Version : zs lexus lights do they come apart easily

midcuk
14-02-08, 09:28 AM
just what it says really , quite fancy a set but i want to take them apart and de-chav them , does anyone know if the front clear covers come apart easily ?.
dont want to fork out on them to find they are one unit !

well so far my car i was not going to mod (had it 3 weeks) has the following purchased for it and more on the way

headlight upgrade
rally flaps
sat nav unit to be fitted in centre console
new centre console to fit unit into (so i am not driving round consoleless (and incase i screw it up)
in dash dvd player
seat cupra front splitter
citroen washer jets
chrome mirror covers (not sure about these)

saving for duplex/bmc

didnt take me long did it :)

chriszs180
14-02-08, 01:38 PM
people on th zr site have done it they use a heat gun to heat the glue and seperate i have never tried so cant say

wilko66
14-02-08, 01:48 PM
I'm looking into that aswell, thinking about painting mine trophy blue

midcuk
14-02-08, 01:49 PM
I'm looking into that aswell, thinking about painting mine trophy blue

ditto (well ignition blue anyway)

Venom
14-02-08, 02:39 PM
Why Citroen washer jets......are they better?

midcuk
14-02-08, 02:44 PM
Why Citroen washer jets......are they better?

they put a mist on the screen rather than a jet of water , much better than the normal ones for clearing crap of the windows while driving. they are about a fiver from a citroen dealer (part number 6438v8) a direct fit and look a lot smarter as well (more rounded) was another mg owner told me about them (cant remember who now? maybe in a how to guide or something).
chris

Maxxed_Ross
14-02-08, 02:45 PM
washer jets "how to" - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1465

sounds like an interesting project, I'll be keeping an eye on it!

midcuk
14-02-08, 02:47 PM
washer jets "how to" - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1465

sounds like an interesting project, I'll be keeping an eye on it!

yeah thats where i saw it sorry (didnt have time to check when i replied).

thanks ross
and thanx sammy for the how 2 i was referring to most excellent

rbull51
14-02-08, 02:50 PM
i think i will be getting some of them as i know they are very good. we had a citroen once and it had those jets... they are very good.

stamford
14-02-08, 04:39 PM
:Hmmm: I need to separate my lexus lights as one of them is taking in water, really annoying as when I take the unit out, the water won't come out from whereever it went in!

The offending unit is showing shows of age, the water has stripped some of the 'chrome' effect. Might be popping the OE ones back in.

rbull51
14-02-08, 06:46 PM
to be honest i have always preferred the standard rear lights anyway!

Smokey
14-02-08, 10:00 PM
The offending unit is showing shows of age, the water has stripped some of the 'chrome' effect. Might be popping the OE ones back in.

Well I have always wanted to try the colour coding on the lexus lights as previous posts have suggested but want to get a hold of a set ultra cheap incase it looks pants or I prefer the originals (as I do like these still) so if you get rid let me know a price (I think you have your originals but if not a trade could be possible..)